Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ)
Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ) is a voluntary, non-profit, non- governmental, non-discriminatory, non-political organization and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). PPAZ envisions a society in which all people in Zambia enjoy equal sexual and reproductive health and rights and have equal access to quality and affordable sexual and reproductive health Information and services.
PPAZ seeks to employ an Executive Director
Position reports to: The National Chairperson
Legal and regulatory compliance
- Files legal and regulatory documents in compliant with relevant laws and regulations both at national level and IPPF level.
- Support the Board to determine the Association’s values, mission, vision and goals
- Support the Board to monitor and evaluate the Association’s relevancy, effectiveness, and results.
- Keeps Board fully informed regarding the Association’s condition and important influencing factors
- Keeps the Board informed of developments in the Association’s mission area, general business management including, governance, and resource mobilization development.
- Ensures that appropriate policies are in place to guide the Association’s work in all areas. Human Resource Management and General Administration
- Provides general oversight of all activities, manages day to day operations, and ensures a smoothly functioning and efficient Association
- Ensures program quality and stability through development and implementation of standards, controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluations.
- Responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers
- Ensures that job descriptions are developed, regular performance evaluations are conducted, and sound human resource practices are in place
- Ensure an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in
- Maintain a work climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse and high performing staff
- Recommends staffing, compensation, and financing to the Board Governance
- Works effectively with the National Executive Committee to define their roles and responsibilities and help them regularly evaluate their performance
- Support the National Chairperson to fulfil governance functions and manage the National Executive Committee’s due diligence process to ensure timely attention to core issues
- Work closely with the National Chairperson to focus on the National Executive Committee’s long-term strategic issues
- Work closely with the National Chairperson to ensure the participation of each member of the National Executive Committee in the Association’s core business
- Recommends volunteers to participate in the Board to play an advisory role in the different sub-committees.
- Ensures that the Association is fiscally sound
- Works with staff and National Executive Committee to prepare the organisation’s Annual Plan and Budgets (APB)
- Establishes rigorous accountability standards for grant and budget tracking
- Manages finances and makes decisions based on annual work plans and policies developed in consultation with the National Executive Committee and IPPF Regional Office
- Oversees program activities and ensures adequate controls are place
- Oversees/supervises all accounting and financial activities
- Obtains contributions, contracts, grants, and in-kind donations to support the Association’s projects and services
- Presents annual budgets, quarterly financial reports to the National Executive Committee and to IPPF Regional Office
- Ensures the Association’s compliance, accountability to the Board, funders and regulatory bodies
- Engages with IPPF Management and National Treasurer in financial planning and diversification activities
- With the National Executive Committee, ensures finances to support goals, including effective Resource mobilization program.
Resource Mobilization and Philanthropy
- Develop and sustains a diverse funding base
- Raise the visibility of the Association through the development and implementation of a sustainable marketing campaign tailored to its various stakeholders as well as the public
- Ensures an effective resource mobilization program by serving as the chief development officer or hiring and supervising an individual responsible for this activity
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing the Association’s fundraising plan and regularly monitors it
- Helps to ensure that the National Executive Committee members carry out philanthropy and resource mobilisation activities
- Fosters a culture of philanthropy, and nurtures loyalty through a comprehensive relationship building with donors
- Actively participates in identifying, cultivating and soliciting donor prospects Relationship (Advocacy/ Partnerships) Building
- dentifies and maintains the key relationships necessary to support an effective Association
- Represents the Association at all appropriate external functions
- Acts as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to the Association, its services and constituencies
- Establish systems to obtain feedback from clients, volunteers, donors and the community in order to improve services and encourage community involvement and participation in the Association’s work
- Serves as Association’s chief spokesperson and acts as advocate for issues relevant to the Organisation Leadership
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity in identifying and addressing strategic issues facing the Association
- Effectively manages continuity, change and transition
- Sets and achieves clear and measurable goals and reasonable deadlines
- Deals effectively with demanding situations and designs and implements effective interventions.
- Consistently displays integrity and models the Association’s culture and values
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Development Studies, Business Administration/Management or any relevant discipline (Master’s degree preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrable broad program, financial and operations management experience in a senior position
- Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, marketing, communication, administration and personnel management skills essential.
- Understanding of the NGO sector and experience working with Boards of directors and volunteers
- An affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse stakeholders
- Visionary, trustworthy, diplomatic, understanding and innovative with high energy level
- Experience managing a complex budget
- Passion for the PPAZ and IPPF mission
- Success at fund development, including knowledge of and success in attracting donors and corporate grants; ability to solicit individual donors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; strong presentation skills
PPAZ is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified candidates should send an application letter and detailed CV to [email protected] copying [email protected] not later than Wednesday, 28 th October, 2020, 17:00 hrs.
Application letters should be addressed to:
The National Chairperson
Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ)
11 Nkanchibaya Road, Rhodespark
PO Box 32221
NOTE: ONLY ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
o apply for this job email your details to [email protected]