JOB VACANCY: FARM MANAGER
Makondu Solutions, a reputable firm which is specialised in agricultural input and output marketing seeks to employ a self-motivated and vibrant Farm Manager to run the daily activities of the farm which is located in Solwezi District of North Western Province.
Responsibilities: As a Farm Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Directing and supervising all farm activities that will ensure proper management of livestock and crops;
- Ensuring that there is prudent use of farm resources as well as maintaining the highest level of safety of the farm property and workers;
- Ensuring that targets are met for both livestock, crops and related agricultural products;
- Timely organization and implementation of the main stock priorities;
- Developing monthly, quarterly and annual work plans as well associated costs to meet the projected production targets;
- Ensuring high level farm records management; and
- Any other duties.
Qualifications and experience: The suitable Candidate must have the following qualifications and experience;
- Diploma in Animal Science, General Agriculture or related field from a reputable Institution. At least 3 years proven experience in animal husbandry should be a MUST. Experience in crop production will be an added advantage;
- A Candidate with a Certificate in Animal Science, General Agriculture or related field from a reputable Institution with extensive experience in animal husbandry and crop production may be considered; and
- Experience in managing exotic cattle breeds like Borans, Brahmans etc highly desirable.
Personal attributes: The suitable Candidate should have the following personal attributes:
- Ability to lead a team and motivate others towards achieving certain strategic objectives;
- Willing to take on responsibilities and work with minimal or no supervision;
- Must be willing and eager to foster business growth;
- Must be of high integrity; and
- Must be computer literate.
If you are interested in this job, send your application letter addressed to the Director, detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of qualifications to the following email address: [email protected] The Curriculum Vitae should have at least 3 traceable referees. Closing date for applications is 24th July, 2018 at 17:00hrs Zambian time.