Zambia Open Community Schools
JOB ADVERTISEMENT: FIELD OFFICE OFFICER – MONGU
Zambia Open Community Schools (ZOCS) is a registered Non-Governmental Organization under the Societies Act Section 7 (1) under the Laws of Zambia. ZOCS is a vibrant and flagship organization of Community Schools since 1992 in Zambia that empowers communities to provide quality basic education to 189,287 learners (93,507 Boys and 95,780 Girls) in 1085 demonstration open community schools across 95 selected districts in all the 10 provinces of Zambia.
The pillars on which ZOCS builds its approach are those of enhanced educational opportunities for children through education policy engagement, increased community capacity to provide such opportunities and ensuring more and better education for more children in communities.
ZOCS is about open, accessible schools for disadvantaged children and communities, and these take priority over everything else.
Main Purpose for the Position
The holder of this position will be in charge of Programmatic Functions of the operations of the Field Office. The Field Officer shall oversee the Project’s operations in selected Districts of Implementation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing oversight and leadership in the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities of the Field Office.
- Coordinate implementation of activities for ZOCS, Partners CSOs and Communities in selected districts.
- Coordinate and provide technical support to Community Action Groups (CAGs) in the target districts.
- Work closely with CAGs to support enrolment campaigns in communities.
- Facilitate the mobilization of communities for the timely construction of schools and teachers’ houses.
- Work closely with Ministry of General Education and other line ministries as well as like-minded CSOs to create synergies for getting out of school children in school.
- Represents the project at relevant districts stakeholders’ meetings, workshops etc.
- Produce activity reports and tracking of program deliverables against the work plan.
- Travel frequently to field sites to support and oversee district as well as school and community level operations and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Networks (internal / external)
- Staff (internal)
- Schools (external)
- Community Members (external)
- Donors (external)
- Government Line Ministries (external)
- Other Partners
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Development Studies, Social Work, Economics, Education) or any other Social Science related field.
- At least two years of related experience working in the Education Sector.
- Team Player with very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Very good analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of people.
- Able to work effectively with minimum supervision
- NGO experience desirable
- Donor liaison experience an advantage.
- Must be a resident of Mongu
1. Communication and Presentation Skills
2. Report writing
3. Team Planning
4. Working with People
5. Drive for Results
6. Microsoft Office
7. Fluency in Silozi
To be considered for the position, send you application letter, resume and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications with traceable referees to:
The Executive Director,
Zambia Open Community Schools,
P.O. Box 50429,
Plot 20, Tito Road, Rhodes Park,
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 4th December 2020 at 17:00 hours.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Zambia Open Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]