Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Accounting team helps internal leaders with fixed assets accounting and asset management, financial reporting, accounting research and analysis, statutory and regulatory reporting, and data security. As part of the team, you’ll assist with monthly closings, financial analysis, oversight and management of controls and compliance, tax and cash projections and data security.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Expert knowledge of financial planning and strategy development.
- Expert knowledge of financial modelling and analysis.
- Expert knowledge of profitability management.
- Intermediate knowledge of Tax planning and management.
- Expert knowledge of financial performance reporting.
- Expert knowledge of treasury management.
- Expert knowledge of investment planning and appraisal.
- Ability to apply best practice data (revenue cost and operations) to dedicated business areas and assist local implementation to drive efficiency.
- Attention to detail, preciseness in the execution of tasks and solution-oriented approach are essential skills.
- Advanced financial professional, with strong experience in Finance and full understanding of the core finance, business processes and accounting.
- Expert knowledge of IFRS and GAAP.
- Strong communication and influencing skills including interactions with the business on different levels.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment to tight deadlines with proven ability to organise and prioritise key tasks.
- Experience of working in a local commercial/market role, as well as international market, with a good commercial acumen and an ability to identify and solve varied business problems.
- Experience of working in a multinational environment and demonstrates cultural awareness.
Minimum years experience required
- Minimum of 12 years cognate experience, 8 of which must have been in a Management position in a professional services environment, with evidence of regular engagement with Executive Leadership.
- Minimum of first degree (Hons) in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline.
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA), or its equivalent is required.
- MBA or a Masters’ in related discipline is an added advantage.
- Must be able to demonstrate expert knowledge of financial management and accounting, legal and regulatory
To apply please visit www.pwc.co.za.