Project Concern Zambia
About Project Concern Zambia (PCZ)
PCZ is a local Zambian organization affiliated with Project Concern International (PCI), a Global Communities Partner, an INGO operating in Zambia since 1996. PCZ strengthens the capacity of community-based organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations and collaborates with the Government Republic of Zambia (GRZ) to address the health and socioeconomic needs of vulnerable children, adolescents and their primary caregivers and make them resilient to overcome hunger and hardship.
The Finance & Administration Manager (FAM) will assist the Finance and Operations Director (FOD) to provide financial and administrative management oversight of the organization and the USAID Empowered Youth Program(EYP) II . The FAM will ensure that all financial transactions and reporting are compatible with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) following PCZ policies and processes and in compliance with local laws and donor rules and regulations. S/he will also be responsible for tasks related to office administration, logistics, and procurement.
- Assist the FOD to manage all financial and accounting aspects of operations
- Prepare and process all accounting transactions such as disbursement, cash receipts, and journal entries in accordance with USAID and PCZ finance and accounting policies and procedures. .
- Assists in the Preparation of Annual and Quarterly budgets in line with the strategic objectives of the organization
- Strengthen and ensure staff adherence to procedures for ongoing budget monitoring, analysis, accurate forecasting and project expenses to ensure they are within approved budgetary lines;
- Coordinate and prepare monthly requests for funds, based on budget and cash flow projections..
- Manage bank accounts and the project’s day-to-day treasury needs and monitor transfer of funds from the donor to the PCZ bank account.
- Assist in the Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports to USAID and ensure financial reporting is done in accordance with donor contractual requirements and on a timely basis.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and management reports to the Board.
- Assists in the preparation of Donor Expenditure Analysis reports under PEPFAR funding.
- Prepare payroll for staff in coordination with the Human Resource Manager
- Ensures all statutory dues are paid on time and tax returns are submitted timely (PAYE, WHT), including filing of annual returns with relevant bodies (PACRA).
- Supervises the Finance and Administration Assistant on finance and administrative duties.
- Provide administrative, logistical, and procurement support to the central-and field-based teams, including the establishment of field offices, operational systems set-up, transportation arrangements, and ongoing operations
- Ensures the Asset Register is well maintained and up to date.
- Manage vendor contracts and lease agreements to ensure that they are up to date.
- Other duties related to logistics and procurement, as assigned by the FOD
- Manage office fleet
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with bachelor’s degree in Accounting or ACCA/CA qualified.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing financial and contractual aspects of developmental projects including experience in financial management of USG-funded projects.
- At least 5 years of experience in financial analysis, Donor financial reporting, cash flow management, budget development and forecasting, preferably on international development projects.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of USG rules and regulations.
- Experience developing and/or implementing finance and accounting policies and procedures,
- Good communication skills written and oral.
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Coaching and leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency in (MS word, Excel, and Power point), experience with QuickBooks preferable.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Assertive and pays attention to detail.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]