Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Job Summary: The Finance & Compliance Manager will be responsible for provision of financial and compliance services to the German Red Cross (GRC) Regional Office based in Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the GRC Finance Coordinator and GRC Head of Office in all financial and compliance matters related to the GRC operations in Uganda and the East Africa region;
- Ensures effective interfacing with the URCS and German Red Cross management systems (HR, Supply Chain, Finance, etc.), and with finance/compliance staff of other Red Cross/Red Crescent National Societies in the region (Somali Red Crescent, Kenya Red Cross, Ethiopian Red Cross, etc.);
- Cash/Bank management, (payments, advances, reconciliations, etc.), according to GRC petty cash regulations and authorization expense procedures; ensures compliance with GRC/back donor regulations in all cash boxes/bank accounts in the region;
- Accountancy: prepares/monitors the monthly accountancy in the projects in the region, ensuring appropriate financial reporting, analyzing/auditing vouchers and supporting documents. Assures compliance with GRC and back donor regulations and provides support and training to the project/office teams accordingly;
- Budget management/monitoring: monitors the project budgets in the region, ensuring compliance with GRC/back donor regulations.
- Supports GRC Finance Coordinator/Head of Office/Delegates/Implementing partners in budget forecasting/planning/revisions;
- Finance/HR/Log compliance tasks: analyzes/audits Comparative Bid Analysis, procurement documentation, project/office inventories and contractual obligations, ensuring compliance with GRC/back donor regulations and country legal requirements (VAT and other taxes, social charges, etc.);
- Supervises any other staff (finance/admin/driver, etc.) if assigned by supervisor;
- Travels to field locations as required, in order to carry out internal project/office audits, training and monitoring missions;
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold at least bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration (Finance), Commerce, Statistics or related field from a reputable institution;
- Accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CPA etc. is desirable;
- Master’s Degree in Auditing or MBA from a recognized institution is desirable.
- At least four years of relevant work experience either or both of the following roles:
- Finance and/or Compliance Manager (or Senior Officer) in a regional role in a private organization or a donor funded humanitarian organization.
- Member of audit teams in internationally recognized audit companies, involved in audits of organizations in different sectors.
- Profound work experience in the application of accounting / financial/management software such as FundsPro, Navision, Saga, SAP, etc.
- Profound work experience in auditing and/or training on finance/compliance requirements, related to some of the following fields: donor regulations (ECHO, EU, UN Agencies, German Government Agencies, etc.), procurement, accounting, budgeting, reporting, legal financial/HR requirements.
- Excellent training and communication skills, ability to train and communicate/interact with multidisciplinary teams (Finance/Admin/Logistic staff, Head of Offices, Program/Project Managers, Internal/External auditors, etc.)
- Excellent English communication and reporting skills;
- Highly skilled in finance and administrative procedures with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and to maintain a high-quality standard when working under time pressure;
- Ability to lead and manage personnel, pro-active approach to work and problem solving and attention to detail;
- Social maturity and courtesy, high integrity and a strong sense of confidentiality.
- Strong motivation and commitment to learn and take on new and challenging tasks as opportunities arise.
How to Apply:
All suitable candidates please send your filled application form at the link below.
Attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to: [email protected] or hand delivered, and or by post to:
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; [email protected] or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Email: [email protected]
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 6th April 2020 at 5:00 pm