National Institute for Scientific and Industrial Research (NISIR)
The National Institute for Scientific and Industrial Research (NISIR) is looking for suitably qualified and experienced person to fill in this position at its Headquarters in Lusaka.
FINANCE MANAGER X 01
This is a Senior Management position, reporting to the Executive Director for NISIR.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage the Finance Department, plan, coordinate and control all financial activities.
The ideal candidate is expected to have the following. Working knowledge of financial accounting systems, pastel, micro pay, dove fixed asset, technical job knowledge, analytical and problem-solving skills, planning and organizing skills, coaching and leadership skills, good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Preparation of accounts and annual financial reports for external audit purposes.
- To ensure that monthly, quarterly and annual financial management reports are timely prepared for management decision making and presentation to the Board.
- To mobilize and control financial resources.
- Maintenance ofcash flow projections.
- To ensure effective preparation and implementation of annual budgets and budgetary control.
- To design and implement accounting and financial control systems and ensuring that they are adhered to.
- Management of NISIR asset register.
- Ensuring timely payments of premiums for asset insurance and insurance for employees.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Full form V or Grade 12 Certificate.
- Holder of full ACCA or CIMA. Possession of MBA (Finance) would be an added advantage
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar capacity.
Interested candidates should submit their applications marked
‘Internal Auditor” with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional qualifications, contact cell/telephone number(s) and contact address of at least three (3) traceable referees, addressed to:
The Executive Director
National Institute for Scientific and Industrial Research
PO Box 310158
Tel. No. 260 211 281082/3 or 260211 281013
Closing date for receiving applications is 16th October, 2020