At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for preparing payment vouchers, review authorization and request forms, ensure all advance liquidation is done within the stipulated timeframe, ensure timely submission of time sheets by all staff, scanning monthly financial documents, review petty cash reconciliation register ensure fixed asset register is updated and reconciled with the serenic accounting software and conduct inventory count of assets and verification of their status and condition.
- Ensure that the PO (Purchase Orders) are matched to invoices and the billing detail verified.
- Prepare payment vouchers, making sure that supporting documents such as invoices, delivery notes are complete and attached and indicating the Account, Fund and Sub-Project Codes.
- Assist in preparing for Monthly Financial Reports.
- Assist in preparing of Pact’s annual audits by ensuring the filed documents are complete.
Capture of Monthly Transactions:
- Ensure daily recording of transactions into Serenic accounting software.
- Ensure timely and accurate capturing of Travel advances, Liquidations in Serenic accounting software
- Ensure expats allowances paid in-country are tracked and payment documents are sent to HQ monthly to ensure smooth financial month-end close.
- Review Travel advance authorization and Request Forms to ensure accuracy of the amounts requested as per Pact Zambia Travel policy.
- Verify and confirm that the staff requesting for a travel advance does not have an unliquidated advance pending.
- Review all liquidations for accuracy and validity of receipts and other supporting documents.
- Ensure that all travel advances are liquidated within the stipulated timeframe and any change is banked timely as per Pact Policy.
Petty Cash Maintenance
- Review Petty Cash vouchers and receipts for accuracy and validity and submit to the Senior Finance Officer for approval.
- Review the Petty Cash Reconciliation Register and the supporting vouchers and receipts for eventual petty cash reimbursement and submit to the Senior Finance Officer for further review.
- Conduct random and month-end Petty Cash Count and report on any discrepancies found to the Senior Finance Officer
Fixed Asset Register Maintenance:
- Ensure the Fixed Asset Register is updated and reconciled with the Asset Register in Serenic accounting software
- Conduct inventory count quarterly to ensure existence of assets and verification of their status and condition.
- Report any discrepancies immediately to the Senior Finance Officer
- Ensure that all assets are insured by ensuring that the Insurance policy is renewed annually, and newly procured assets are included in the insurance cover.
Payroll & Filing of Statutory Returns
- Follow up on Timesheets and ensure they are submitted by 22nd of the month.
- ACCA II or bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or any Business-Related Degree
- Knowledge of use of Microsoft word (a must)
- Knowledge of use of Microsoft excel (a must)
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations related to Accounting and Finance
- Fluency in English
Skills and Abilities:
- Courteous, willing to learn, able to follow instructions
- Consistently works within internal process and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and polite
- Good planning and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Interested and Qualified candidates should send their application letter ad CV to [email protected] indicating the Job Title in the Subject line on or before the due date 10 December 2020.