Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries. Safeguarding children and young people is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is looking for experienced, innovative, motivated, self-starter individuals to fill the following positions;
FINANCE OFFICER (Luapula) – (2 Years Contract)
This is a support position that will enable Plan International Zambia, Luapula Program Area Team to achieve their results by providing necessary finance and administration support. The incumbent is also responsible for the recording and capturing of all financial transactions and disbursements to ensure that all funds utilized are accounted for.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Capture all accounting transactions in the General Ledger and provide all necessary financial information.
- Coordinate banking transactions for the program area.
- Prepare bank reconciliations to ensure that bank balances are in line with cash book balances.
- Check requests by Project teams to ensure that they are in accordance with the approved budget.
- File all payment vouchers, journals and receipts sequentially.
- Prepare year-end financial schedules and mobilize information.
- Follow up on all project advances to ensure they are properly accounted for and posted in the system.
- A Higher National Diploma in Accounting.
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in an INGO environment.
- Well versed in computerized accounting applications.
- Member of ZICA.
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Ability to take charge of the accounting functions in the absence of the Accountant.
- Appreciation of child rights.
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledgeable in International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 23rd October, 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga Road
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men, Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]