John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Job Title: Finance Specialist
Department/Unit: Finance & Administration
Location: Copperbelt Province, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Finance & Operations Manager
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSH seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of Finance Specialist in Copperbelt province, Zambia. S/he will support finance activities for the regional office, and work closely with other staff in the province as well as with Lusaka colleagues. This position will report to the Finance & Operations Manager to help in achieving the project’s goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the management of Copperbelt office finances.
- Lead management of financial reporting and expenditures in the office including providing financial and compliance guidance during the workplan budgeting process in support to the Finance & Operations Manager.
- Ensure that the Chart of Accounts and finance/expense procedures outlined in project Manuals (Operations, Finance, etc.) are followed and train staff on use.
- Manage detailed expense tracking and cash flow projections and support preparation of routine financial reports (monthly, quarterly, annual) for the office.
- Provide financial support and potentially travel for monitoring of program activities.
- Ensure day-to-day record keeping for transactions is up-to-date and supported with necessary documentation by working in QBs or excel.
- Support implementation of rigorous internal controls to ensure that all financial reporting is accurate, cost efficient and transparent, ensuring compliance with USG rules and regulations, JSH policy and local laws at all times.
- Conduct petty cash petty cash reconciliations.
- Ensure management in the level of outstanding advances.
- Follow up with staff on any outstanding documentation related to expense report submission.
- To provide any capacity building support with ZAM-Health sub-recipients in the region.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, finance, operations and fraud management policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Finance & Operations Manager.
- Bachelor’s in finance, accounting, business, economics or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years direct work experience in financial, operations or contracts management in Zambia with mid to senior level responsibility for project administration and finance.
- ACCA Part III/CIMA Part III
- Some knowledge and experience with USAID-funded programs and knowledge of USAID rules, and regulations desired;
- Extensive knowledge with QuickBooks accounting system;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Access;
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Proven record of systems strengthening and internal controls
- Ability to take initiative and work and lead teams.
Supervision and Reporting:
This position will report to the Finance & Operations Manager.
Mode of Application:
Send an application via email ONLY to [email protected] In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: August 8, 2021
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.