PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that will collaborate closely with Zambia’s Ministry of Health, the National Malaria Elimination Centre, the private sector, and other partners to support interventions to eliminate malaria in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on four of Zambia’s 10 provinces, the five-year EMP Cooperative Agreement aims to assist the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) to accelerate progress toward its goal of eliminating local malaria infection and disease in Zambia by achieving high levels of effective coverage with high-quality malaria control interventions, leading to major reductions in malaria prevalence, incidence, severe disease, and death in four focal high-burden provinces: Luapula, Northern, Muchinga, and Eastern.
PATH seeks recruit an experienced and qualified Finance Specialist to provide financial and administrative support to the USAID End Malaria Program (EMP) project team in Lusaka. The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Plan and track completion and dissemination of finance related project deliverables.
- Coordinate and track the project procurement plan and ensure that it is consistent with both PATH and USG Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure compliance to all PATH and USAID procurement policies and procedures: approvals are obtained; competitive bidding is used; all goods and services acquired effectively balance quality and price consideration.
- Review requests for travel advances for all project staff and subsequent travel expense reports.
- Participate in the preparation of the Project activity budgets and prepare monthly expenditure tracking reports for effective budget management.
- Maintain and track inventory of all project procured equipment.
- Monitor all project resources and equipment such as office space and equipment are in good order and adequate for smooth running of the project.
- Provide oversight to other project finance staff as they provide day-to-day finance and administrative related support for provincial teams.
- Review reconciliation of travel advances
- Full ACCA or CIMA or Bachelor’s degree in Finance.
- Should be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Minimum of five years of experience in financial management and grants & contract administration, preferably with an international organization or in financial and administrative management function.
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills including full cycle of developing budgets, monitoring expenses, making projections and making adjustments as needed
- Experience with management of financial systems of large international projects and multi-site projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven success in building effective partnerships with collaborators.
- Proven ability to be responsive and communicate with non-financial staff on a project.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP systems is essential.
- Good working experience with USAID funded projects, especially on cooperative agreements is preferred.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com.