The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Finance Officer, the Finance Volunteer is responsible for assisting the Finance team in the day-to-day accounting operations in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Finance in day-to-day book keeping and data processing.
- Updating the cash books
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers.
- Assist in sorting, labeling and organizing of Finance files.
- Stamp all the finance payment vouchers.
- Assist in clearing payments in the online BvA system.
- Assist in preparation of monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements.
- Assist in the verification of expenditures submitted by the Program staff for adjustment against their advances.
- Learn about the importance of policies and procedures in an organization, including confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as requested by any finance staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance or any other related course.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Knack for detail
- Able to communicate effectively
- Strong computer skills especially in MS excel and word.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Deadline: 3rd April 2020