FINCA, an equal opportunity Employer!!
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the accuracy of financial reports, compliance with accounting standards and FINCA Subsidiary’s accounting policies and procedures. As a senior staff in the department she/he will work with regional offices to improve the quality of financial records and ensuring compliance with Central Bank and statutory requirements. In addition, manage liquidity, assets and liabilities of FINCA Zambia, so as to structure the balance sheet to that which optimizes returns on investments.
- Manage the company statutory obligations by withholding the tax, compiling and remitting.
- Review the Head-Office transactions in line with accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage the accounts and general ledger by reconciliation of payroll, portfolio and savings audit schedules with the general ledger.
- Daily monitor FINCA’s Cash and Bank Accounts and investments to ascertain compliance with regulatory institution’s requirements at all times.
- Prepare Projected Cash Flows, compare with actual Cash Flows, do a variance analysis and advise management of the necessary actions to be taken.
- A university degree preferably in commerce and accounting (B.Com) or Banking & Finance, Certified in ACCA/CIMA/ZICA.
- Atleast 4 years experience in accounting role with proven experience in preparing of Central Bank Prudential returns.
- Proven experience working with Financial Institution, and Knowledge of IFRS Accounting Standards.
If you meet the set criteria and would need to be considered for the above mentioned position, you are encouraged to submit your credentials to [email protected]