Forum for African Women Educationalists of Zambia (FAWEZA)
Reporting to the Personal and Administration Officer (APO) the Front Desk Officer will be responsible for managing our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and secretarial tasks. As a Front Desk Officer will be the first point of contact for the organisation.
To be successful as a Front Desk Officer, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations.
- Greet and welcome guests as they arrive at the office.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and materials.
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone / email.
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail / deliveries.
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Assist in updating calendars and schedule meetings.
- Perform other receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying and scanning
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Proven work experience as a receptionist, front office representative or similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. photocopier machines and printers).
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Customer service attitude.
QUALIFICATIONS: A diploma in secretarial course, business administration or its equivalent. A higher qualification in the above field will be an added advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]