Lusaka Legacy Hilltop Retreat and Conference Centre
Lusaka Legacy Hilltop Retreat and Conference Centre seeks to employ a competent General Manager.
The Lodge is located in Meanwood, Ibex Hill off Great East road. This scenic Hilltop location is perfect for any group function including meetings and Conferences
Job Title: General Manager
Reports to : Managing Company CEO
The general responsibility of the General Manager is ensuring the efficient running of the LLHCC and managing the daily LLHCC operations and providing overall leadership in the LLHCC’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding Guest service and financially profitability. You will be responsible for all aspects of operations at the LLHCC, to day-to-day staff management and Guests.
The General Manager will be responsible for providing Corporate Leadership and managing processes to ensure that the LLHCC meets and maintains all Company expectations in regard to Quality, Service, Profit and Teamwork. Develops and Operates within an approved annual operating budget and to ensure the policies and procedures are consistently communicated and followed. Maintains a high standard of integrity, service and Hospitality at all times with team members, customers and co-workers.
As a General Manager you will ensure the best interest of the LLHCC and Management.
The incumbent shall also be expected to undertake any responsibilities as may be delegated by the CEO.
Dimensions of the Role
- The General Manager reports to the LLHCC CEO.
- The General Manager works closely with all the staff to ensure the delivery of services.
- The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Operations at the LLHCC.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures
- Lead, direct and manage all LLHCC operations and oversee all the Operations functions of the LLHCC.
- To ensure full compliance to LLHCC operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implement measures to correct those deficiencies
- Oversee service quality and Operational efficiencies
- Lead all key property issues including projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Enforces and Maintains Property Cleanliness and Maintain safety standards
- Directs and Chairs in Executive, Management and staff meetings
- Maximises efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in effecting solutions
- Tour the Operating departments daily, making modifications where needed
- Inspect rooms regularly with both housekeeping and Engineering
- Work closely with all the departments to ensure the smooth running of the LLHCC
- Make certain the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs
2. Guest Satisfaction:
- Ensure Guest and team satisfaction
- Meet Guests on the property, including meeting contacts and potential clients touring the property, to assist in the sales effort.
- Be in public areas during peak periods, greeting Guests and offering assistance where necessary
- Maintain guest satisfaction by answering Guest complaints and resolving problems to Guests specifications
- Handling complaints and oversee the service recovery procedures.
3. Financial Operations:
- Must be able to uphold confidentiality of information
- To maintain appropriate cost level without compromising guest and employee satisfaction levels
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the LLHCC’s annual operating Budget, marketing & sales plan and Capital budget
- Managing on going profitability of the LLHCC, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Must be able to comprehend and appraise complex information, data etc, from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Deliver the LLHCC budget goals and set other short term and long-term strategic goals for the property
- Make sure that all the appropriate information for financial documents is obtained by the Corporate office monthly.
- Ability to estimate the monthly hotels financial position by assessing revenues and line by line expenses. Evaluate previous and predictable data to generate an accurate re forecast.
- Take an active role in the Hotel credit and collection policies.
- Explains variances and produces action plans to rectify negative variances to the budget
4. Employee Relations:
- Monitor and develop team member performance, particularly the executive team and department heads, to include but not to limited to providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and rewards
- Ensure team member paperwork, work schedules and payroll are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Interview all prospective candidates for any vacant management position.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment
- Ensure that the managers are following the standards in their administration of disciplinary steps.
- Collaborations: All departments
Other skills / Success factors:
- Strategic Planning Skills: The General Manager must ensure the development and implementation of a clear strategic plan for the Organisation
- Financial Planning Skills: Responsible for looking at the future of the business. Must have the ability to read Financial reports, understand basic financial concept and analyse financial data. Able to consider financial ramifications when they are resolving customer complaints to keep the LLHCC successful
- Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to support the development of a healthy intercultural that retains key employees and encourages their professional development. Ability to maintain integrity, professionalism, patience and understanding.
- Leadership Skills: Ability to lead the entire business unit. Must be a strong team leader who are willing to listen, boost employee morale, decisively resolve issues and assign responsibility to staff members.
- Communication: Excellent Communication skills are necessary to handle the job requirements. Must be able to present themselves in a respectable, empathetic and professional manner. Must be able to communicate the expectations, needs and opinions to the staff.
- Detail Oriented: Must maintain a detailed oriented attitude. Must be able to constantly verify that goals are being met, responsibilities are not being neglected and the system is working as intended. Multi-tasking is crucial when over seeing several aspects of the LLHCC
- Operational Knowledge: a fundamental basis of hotel operational knowledge is important. Able to understand Basic Accounting, Human Resource Management and cost control
- Team Building: Able to build a cooperative and open team environment to prove staff’s productivity and Guest experience
- Flexibility: Flexibility and adaptability are necessary skill to assist make decisive and well informed decision. Ability to resolve issues immediately
Academic and Professional Requirements:
- Preferred Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
- Proven Work Experience as a General Manager in the Hotel/Resort.
- Holder of a valid driving license
- Must be in possession of a Valid Permit to work in Zambia
- Work experience in International Hotel properties.
- Knowledge of Operational Departments a must.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]