Zanaco Football CLub
ZANACO FOOTBALL CLUB
Zanaco Football Club is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job:
To manage and oversee operations of Zanaco Sporting Club Limited. This includes ensurirg the sportive and commercial success of the football club through the development and execution of commercial, football and general operations at the organisation.
Under the supervision of the Board of Directors the following are among the job key responsibilities:
- Ensure the Club operates according to its mission, vision and values
- Put in place an effective management team and structure to efficiently run the affairs of the Football Club
- Create and execute the strategic plan for the Club as approved by the Club’s Board of Directors.
- Oversee the managcmant of the budget including but not limited to effective controls and performance tracking.
- Ensure the commercial viability and sustainability of the club by:
- Managing relationships with all stakeholders including other football clubs, Football Association of Zambia (FAZ), Confederation of African Football (CAF), media, suppliers and other partners.
- Managing relationships with sponsors including identifying sponsorship opportunities and engagement with potential sponsors
- Grow the revenue by enhancing existing revenue streams and identifying and executing on additional revenue generating opportunities.
- Effectively manage and market the club’s brand so as to grow the club’s fan base and to support revenue generating initiatives.
- Ensure operational excellence is observed in club buildings and facilities, maintenance of club equipment, security of club facilities and equipment and compliance with applicable laws, and football regulations.
- Ensure appropriate personnel is appointed (team managers trainers, runners and other team support staff) to ensure smooth running of the organization, including formulation of remuneration packages.
- To review performance of personnel together with the Board of Directors.
- Professional national and international bodies/regulators.
- Football Clubs.
- Zanaco Bank
- The Board
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent
- Degree in business-related field or sports management.
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Previous experience in football management MAY be an added advantage
- General level knowledge of football rules and regulations
- General knowledge of football operations and professonal sports team logistics.
- Financial and budgetary management
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Excellent prioritisation and problem solving skills.
- Strong organisational and conflict resolution skills
- Team player with the ability to collaborate.
- Able to work effectively with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative.
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied far in the subject line should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Thursday September 13, 2018.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of qualifications along with the application/cover letter and curriculum vitae.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.