Medici Land Governance
After successfully conducting a land titling pilot project in Lusaka Zambia, MLG has been engaged by Lusaka City Council to lead its land titling operations. The GIS and Planning Director, Zambia will support MLG’s efforts in Zambia, expanding upon MLG’s earlier titling project. Applicants for this role will have outstanding GIS, surveying, planning, and mapping expertise. This candidate will manage the City Planning Lead, GIS Team Lead, and Drone Pilot.
What You Will Do:
- Hold complete accountability for the high-quality, timely, and effective output of the drone, GIS, and city planning teams
- Set and meet schedule for performance metrics
- Directly manage team leads to deliver high-quality, accurate outputs and achieve metrics
- Coordinate GIS projects across multiple teams
- Build and nurture relationship with City Planning department of the Lusaka City Council
- Apply your knowledge of local land and planning laws, codes, regulations and current issues to the city and community planning process
- Spend time in data collection areas to provide direction and constructive feedback to improve processes and increase data quality
- Consistently communicate updates in an organized manner to HQ
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in planning, geomatics, geography or related field
- 5+ years of experience with land surveying and data collection
- 3-5 years of management experience over sizable teams. Experience managing multidisciplinary teams highly desired.
- Proven ability to operate at a director level
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with GIS software (QGIS, ArcGIS GeoServer, etc.) including developing large-scale GIS projects.
- Proven experience working with city planning, land administration, land information systems or related areas
- Experience working for an international company
- Valid driver’s license in Zambia required
- Legal authorization to work in Zambia required
What We Hope You Have:
Experience with Zambian land administration and surveying requirements
Knowledge of Nyanja and/or Bemba
To apply for this job please visit overstock.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.