USAID DISCOVER – Health Project
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
JSI implements the USAID DISCOVER-Health project to support the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Position Type: Full Time
Person reporting to: Communication and Knowledge Management Advisor
The Graphic Designer will provide design related services for USAID DISCOVER-Health in the area of Prevention and Behavioral Interventions and further support design work related to the Zambia Ending AIDS Campaign; and other project areas as needed
Responsibilities of the Graphic Designer will include:
- Design of the various Zambia Ending AIDS Campaign products
- Design of the various Prevention and Behavioural Interventions products, including support towards the COVID-19 response
- Any other design work as requested by the supervisor
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3 years relevant work experience
- Diploma or Degree in IT /Computer Sciences or related field.
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Creativity, flexibility and ability to work within deadlines
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Maturity, initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Experience with design, across different mediums including digital platforms
- Experience with website design
- Ability to manage processes, interpret/analyze a wide range of information from partners, and provide relevant design solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure as part of a team
- Good writing skills, and excellent verbal communication,
- Highly skilled in maintaining liaison with partners
Please send a written application via email. Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full address and contact telephone number/s. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. Please send e-mail applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications: 16th October, 2020.