Kariba Sunset Villas (a subsidiary of Kafue Gorge Regional Training Centre)
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Lodge Manager, the Head Chef is responsible for coordinating the food preparation activities to ensure meals are prepared, served and stored in a timely manner in compliance with food service regulations.
- Supervise the preparation of all food and ensure that food is prepared according to food preparation requirements.
- Ensure meals are prepared on time and in sufficient quantities.
- Responsible for creating menus and determining the food inventory needs.
- Oversee and monitor the work of kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are done as required.
- Ensure wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods and ensure that proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss.
- Ensure a safe working environment for the kitchen staff at all times.
- Ensure kitchen equipment is in good working order and that kitchen staff are able to operate it efficiently.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- A full Grade 12 Certificate
- Certificate in Food Production or its equivalent
- Minimum of Five (5) years experience working in a busy restaurant in a similar capacity.
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively and manage other people.
- Excellent cooking skills.
- Highly creative with the ability to develop innovative dishes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to take initiative and make decisions.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems will be an added advantage
- To apply please visit www.kgrtc.org.zm.