Jumia Group Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers. Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 12 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
About the role:
The Planning & Performance function at Jumia is responsible for anticipating and structuring the planning & performance activities for the country. We are a cross functional team delivering what is right for the country agnostic of function or agenda.
The role emcompasses eight clearly defined dimensions:
- Steering country on full PnL to profitability across GP1/GP2 & GP3
- Producing and owning Monthly/Weekly performance planning
- Constantly refining and improving our approach to deliver on our budget and vision
- Prepare mid month and monthly Performance reviews
- Launching/implementing and monitoring performance steering actions across marketing/commercial/ops and Jumia Services
- Lead performance steering and execution of Tier 1 events in country
The Head of Planning & Performance is manages and coordinates high impact actions and projects across all functions commercial/marketing/Ops and JS. The aim is to bring exceptional profitable usage growth.. The Head of Planning & Performance is a key contributor to delivering a profitability and sustainable Jumia with world-class customer experience and ensuring Jumia becomes the most beloved shopping destination for Africans.
This role entails:
- Defining and monitoring monthly performance across and full PnL identifying and conducting root cause analysis on deviations ensuring all departments are aligned with the expected trajectory
- Leading the defining and implementation of performance steering actions to growth in the profitable usage of Jumia
- Giving weekly visibility on key deviations versus Business Plan for the country
- Assessing every month the deviation versus Jumia Services SLA (Service Level Agreement) to avoid any extra cost due to lack of planning accuracy
- Leading locally the Tier 1 event execution across functions
- Launching/implementing and monitoring performance steering actions across marketing/commercial/ops and Jumia Service
A successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- Ability to execute cross functional performance plans
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Organized and structured
- A Fast learner who is resistant to stress
- Independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
Expected background and technical skills:
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- 5 years experience
- Significant experience in ecommerce, management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
As a whole, we expect someone passionate, creative and able to work efficiently. We expect a leader.
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds
Closing Date : 12th June, 2020