KEMCORE ZAMBIA LIMITED
KEMCORE ZAMBIA LIMITED
Kemcore Zambia focuses on providing logistics services to Kemcore clients in the region. The Zambia operation currently operates a ﬂeet of long distance trucks. Together with the South African ﬂeet, Kemcore is able to adequately service the Group’s logistics in delivering a complete end-to-end solution, which has served the Group. Zambia is an important transit country for most of the products and services that Kemcore delivers to the DRC and Zambia.
We are thereby looking for a solid candidate and committed person to fill the listed role below to based in Ndola Zambia
Head Mechanic – Kemcore Zambia Limited
Perform major mechanical repairs with minimal supervision to ensure proper performance and safety of all vehicles as well as Vehicle availability.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Evaluate mechanical problems in vehicles using diagnostic equipment.
- Help mechanics evaluate minor mechanical problems and inspect repairs completed.
- Rebuild, replace, or repair major vehicle components, assemblies, and systems including engines, transmissions, suspensions, etc.
- Check and repair electrical and cooling systems
- Supervise welding and ensure body/trailer works are done.
- Estimate time and materials required to perform major repairs.
- Analyse engine performance and perform tune-ups as needed.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance and preventive care.
- Maintain accurate, updated preventive maintenance records.
- Monitor and direct work of mechanics, welder and mechanic helpers.
- Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties.
- Ensure shop, equipment, and tools are in safe operating condition.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
Qualifications: Education/ Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum Advanced Certificate / Technician in Automotive Mechanics
- Knowledge on Iveco Trucks is a must
- Advanced knowledge of diesel and fuel engine maintenance and repair
- Ability to diagnose mechanical problems and perform repairs independently
- Ability to operate equipment and tools involved in vehicle repair
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and vehicle parts
- Class CE driving license is an added advantage
- Five-years minimum experience in a busy Transportation Fleet
- Member of EIZ
A competitive package will be given to the selected candidate base on the experience and qualifications, only candidates with above minimum qualifications should apply. Please note that due to the volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will responded too, if you don’t hear from us within a 2 weeks of application consider your application unsuccessful. Apply by sending your covering letter and copies of certificates in one attachment to [email protected]. Closing date is Friday 17.04.2020