Liqhobong Mining Development Company (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Firestone Diamonds PLC, invites suitably qualified, self-driven, results oriented and competent Basotho to apply for the vacant position of Health and Safety Officer.
To assist Management in the development, implementation and maintenance of the health and safety management systems, policies, standards, legislative requirements and best practices. This is to ensure that the working environment is free of risk to safety, health and environment by diligent application of prescribed systems.
Under the direct supervision of the SHEC Manager, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
• Responsible for SHE monitoring, advice and service within the mining operational sections as well as contractors that fall within these departments
• Set Health and Safety objectives and targets;
• Monitor the legal compliance of the mine contractors to relevant Safety and Health legislation, Health and Safety management plan, Codes of Practices, Safe Working
Procedures and ratified Conventions and recommends courses of action where deviations are identified;
• Follow-up and close out on the recommended actions from Risk Assessment Accident and Incident Investigations, Inspections and external and internal audits to ensure effective corrective and preventive actions have been undertaken;
• Administer, monitor and analyze the incidents register to identify incident trends and provide advice to correct negative trends;
• Coordinates the emergency rescue team and attends to emergencies that may occur during the day or night;
• Establishes and define safety aspects of work procedures and practices to establish acceptable standards of safety outputs and performance;
• Participate in internal and external Health and Safety audits;
• Compile required reports and submit timeously, such reports include weekly inspections, corrective and preventative reports;
• Ensure Health and Safety compliance to Legal and other requirements.
Legal and other requirements
• Police clearance and medical examinations of fitness;
• Driver’s license.
Qualifications and experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in a mining environment or a large manufacturing firm;
• Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Sciences;
• Solid knowledge and application of Mining principles and legislation relating to SHE
• Registered with Department of Labour as a Safety Officer;
Skills and competencies
• Coaching and mentoring
• Quality orientation
• Safety awareness
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication and reporting skills
• Audit reporting
• Planning and organizing
• Team work
• Accuracy and attention to details
• Consistent with agreed principles of correct moral conduct;
• Ability to take direction but exercise independent thought and judgment;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and relationships within a team-oriented and lean environment.
Application letters including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted to:
Letsie Office Park – Pension House
Email address: [email protected]
Closing date for submission of applications is Friday 22 March 2019 at 16h00 Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Total Jobs 1689 Jobs
- Location Lusaka