Are you a mission-driven person, passionate about joining a team of inspiring innovators in improving access to medical supplies for all? Then keep reading
Zipline’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We design, manufacture and operate the world’s only autonomous drone delivery system at a national scale. By delivering essential medical supplies on-demand, we have been able to increase access while reducing waste and stock-outs.
We’ve made over 16,000 deliveries, about a third of which have been in emergencies when someone’s life was on the line. Today, we’re operating across most of Rwanda and quickly spreading across Ghana, covering millions of more people with better access to medicine. We are looking for amazing individuals who are passionate about the nexus of public health and cutting-edge technology to change the world.
About the role:
As a member of the Zipline Health & Fulfillment operations team in Rwanda, you will be in charge of ensuring that medical supplies are delivered to hospitals seamlessly and in a timely manner. You will also be in charge of building and maintaining relationships with the customers that we serve. In order to achieve this, you will be involved in client support, quality assurance, inventory management, and warehouse tracking.
WITHIN TWO WEEKS: You will become a certified Health & Fulfillment Operator, and take an active role in ensuring that you have all the tools and knowledge you require to get the job done. You will work with a lead in your team to track and report your progress against a clear set of training and certification KPIs.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS: You will be an expert in handling all our operations including nominal and off-nominal situations with our customers and handle new challenges that arise with the team. You will work with a team to ensure you have a full understanding of all the aspects of our supply chain, inventory management, and stakeholders. You will be given more responsibilities such as hospital onboarding, feedback collection from customers compiling reports, and analyzing findings.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS: You will be able to process all deliveries autonomously and create new procedures as needed based on company growth and diversification of projects. You will also be able to train new recruits on fulfillment material and shadow them during the first month
WITHIN 12 MONTHS: You will play an active role in creating a new Fulfilment Operations strategy and collaborate with teams and leadership on ongoing projects.
Inventory & Warehouse Management: Organizing and managing supplies and equipment to ensure as the company scales, proper management procedures are in place.
Product Handling: Manage & prepare packages to be delivered via drone to the hospitals and clinics to ensure quality & speed of delivery
Best Practices & Safety Management: Work with a team to perform daily quality control, oversee safety and regulations at the Zipline distribution center
Strategic Improvement & Planning: Participate in constant analysis and improvement of Standard Operating Procedures based on community feedback, and government and company requirements
Forecasting: Predicting & modeling volumes of supply chain
Project Management: Ability to contribute to ongoing projects outside of the scope of operations and manage complex projects smoothly from planning through execution
- Bachelors in sciences preferably in Pharmacy, Biomedical Laboratory Technology, Nursing, and other Health related sciences
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Fluency with a local dialect
- Passionate about making sure that each component of our supply chain and order processing is handled perfectly
- Understanding of handling, supply chain, and inventory management, preferably of medical products
- A problem-solver who gets excited about making processes more efficient by analyzing our historical trends
- Proactive with excellent organization and attention to detail, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Obsessed with the customer experience and making sure the quality of our deliveries always exceeds expectations
- Upbeat and positive, a collaborator who wants to succeed while also helping teammates grow
- Training: Fulfillment Operation team will go through a rigorous training process as part of the onboarding process. This training will be across multiple teams, so you will learn not only about customer success but also drone operations and fulfillment.
- Professional Development: Zipline is a fast-growing startup and there will be many opportunities for you to rise as a leader, taking on more responsibility, and having more direct input into our processes and strategy
- Benefits: Zipline offers competitive benefits to its team including premium health insurance, access to training opportunities, and more.
If you don’t fit this description, but you are passionate about what Zipline does and you are willing to learn everything it takes to excel at this job, please prove it t us in your answers to our application questions!
*We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Closing Date : 6th June, 2020.