ALLTERRIAN SERVICES GROUP
PURPOSE: Your Primary duty is to be responsible for the performance of the housekeeping department and make sure that all room, office cleaners and gardeners who report to you perform their work.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of a Certificate in home economics or housekeeping or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered
- Must have supervisory experience in housekeeping of at least two years
- Creative, self-motivated, proactive and confident
- Experience working with a diverse team and strong willingness to build capacity of local staff
- Able to show Creativity, innovation and initiative and have good interpersonal skills.
- Have knowledge of all housekeeping activities including cleaning and laundry.
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations.
- Must have Good written and oral communication skills in English language.
- Ability to listen and learn skills required in performing supervisory duties satisfactorily.
- Able to interact with personnel from other Departments as well as the clients and their families living in the accommodation units that we service.
The specific duties of the housekeeping supervisor will be as set out below but not limited to:
- Ensure that the office, room cleaners and gardeners do their work satisfactorily.
- Ensure that cleaning materials are used properly and no wastage of materials occurs.
- Maintain discipline in the housekeeping department.
- Ensure that housekeeping budgets are maintained.
- Liaisons with management to ensure that company policy are communicated to all the staff.
- Periodically meet with the clients and ensure that you get feedback from them.
- Do a cleaning inspection each day of all the areas that we are designated to clean i.e. the rooms, offices and all public areas including toilets and bathrooms.
- Record all your findings in a cleaning inspection form and hand it over to the project manager at the end of each shift.
- Carry out planned task observations on the cleaning staff.
- Plan and implement periodic as well as daily cleaning schedules.
- Plan the housekeeping attendance roaster and arrange shifts and off days.
- Carry out continuous training program of all the housekeeping staff.
If you meet the above criteria, email your application letter and curriculum vitae to the Human Resource Officer on [email protected] not later than 6th October, 2020. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]