At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
This position exists to execute a wide variety of Human Resource tasks to support the Pact HR Unit. The position is also responsible for Leave Management, Medical insurance scheme liaison, recruitment, employee database maintenance and general HR Administration. He/she will be responsible for interpretation and Implementation of both Global and Zambia Country HR policies
- Advertise both internally and externally all non- supervisory positions
- The HR Assistant will facilitate the recruitment and selection process according to set policies and procedures and will conduct the necessary reference and security checks at the final stage of the recruitment process
- liaise with recruiting Unit Managers on timelines for placements and ensure all is in place for the new hire before the reporting date.
- Ensure initials screening is done for all junior positions and responsible for recruitments for all interns, temporal employees and volunteers.
- Ensure all local contracts are attested by the local labor office
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Manage and track all short term, intern and volunteer contracts, liaise with various supervisors on way forward upon expiry of contracts.
Medical Insurance Scheme Management
- He/she will perform administrative duties and assist in registering new membership, assisting staff with claims and attending to queries.
- Ensure the medical membership list is up to date by adding new members and removing all leavers and all members who attain the set age limit.
- He/she will reconcile the Pact member list with the medical insurance list for accuracy before quarterly/bi-annual payments are made.
- Ensure that all members registered have supporting documentation e.g. Marriage certificates, birth record and or certificates, adoption certificate etc.
- The position monitors leave accruals and tracks all leave taken monthly.
- Ensure that leave plans for each department are submitted at the beginning of the year.
- Provide staff with an accurate schedule of leave inputs into individual timesheets
- Ensure all leave applications are duly signed and filed in employee personnel files.
- Acquaint him/herself with the Pact leave policies and ensure all staff are compliant with set leave policies.
- Share monthly leave schedule with the finance team.
HR and Personnel Administration
- The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that all personnel files are update at all times including ensuring that all audit requirement are adhered to.
- Responsible for tracking staff performance and development ensuring that all performance OKRs are entered in Betterworks system and all conversations take place as scheduled.
- Ensure that all personnel files have all necessary documentation as per Pact file checklist.
- Liaise with the Admin Officer and ensure all staff meetings are arranged monthly.
- Regular filing of employee documents, consultancy and service contracts.
- Minimum Diploma in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Understanding of local labour and employments laws
- Fluency in local language and English required
Skills and Abilities:
- Customer service
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Exceptional planning and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Interested and Qualified candidates should send their application letter ad CV to [email protected] indicating the Job Title in the Subject line on or before the due date 10 December 2020.