Lusaka Apex Medical University
Privately owned Medical University
Department: Information Technology
Organizational relationships: Reports to the Head of ICT
As the key technical member of the ICT team, the post holder will be required to ensure that the University’s information and communication technology needs, both current and future, are met. Ultimately the ideal position holder will ensure reliability, effectiveness and future proofing of ALL the University’s critical IT Infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The post holder will be primarily responsible for maintaining the following (but will be supported in the delivery of these duties by the ICT Manager & an ICT Technician).
A1. Network Infrastructure & Security
Delivery of a University IT network that is fast, efficient, reliable and protected from risks as far as budget and resources allow, including:
A2. University Services Infrastructure and Support
Delivery of an infrastructure fit to support the services required by the University, with appropriate security, resilience and backup. This includes, but not exclusively:
A3. Planning and managing infrastructure
Planning. Actively assist the Head of ICT in creation and maintenance of plans for future infrastructure and services.
A4. Helpdesk and hardware support for staff, students and guests
With the ICT Manager and other members of the ICT team help to deliver enterprise wide support.
- At least a Degree in Information Technology or any related qualification with 3 years’ experience providing generalist IT administrative expertise in a medium sized business
- Real interest in IT delivery and customer orientated design
- Initiative and pro-activity to follow through with problem solving and research
- High personal standards of performance and desire to develop skills and knowledge
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Extensive administrative experience of most of the following: Microsoft Operating Systems (Server 2012, 2016 or 2019 and Windows 10 OS), Network & Domain Management, Virtualization Technologies, Linux and Web technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to explain complex technologies with clarity and patience.
- Real understanding of and aim to meet customer needs and service provision
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively, while under pressure and to provide flexibility and support within the IT team.
- Experience of work in IT within the educational sector will be an added advantage.
Please clearly indicate the job title in the subject of your email and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application. Applications should consist of your cover letter and CV only, in a single document. Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted. The closing date for accepting applications is 26th June, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be e-mailed to: [email protected]