The New Wings of Africa
I. POSITION INFORMATION
POSITION TITLE: ICT OFFICER
JOB GRADE: ZA6
REPORTS TO (TITLE): SUPERVISOR ICT
DIVISION/SECTION: I. T
DIRECT REPORTS: TBA
II. JOB SUMMARY:
Providing technical support and ensuring the whole company runs smoothly. IT Support monitors and maintains the company computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software, and solves technical problems.
III. KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction
- Coordinate the needs of in-house IT experts and remote employees, vendors and contractors
- Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Testing new technology
- Adheres consistently to the airline safety and security policy and procedures through identification and mitigation of operational hazards and related safety & security risks and implements all precautionary actions / measures / processes; conduct work activity safety planning before work begins, during the actual work as conditions change, debriefing and hand over activities at the end of the work and shifting to other work when emergent work is encountered; make safety a priority and participate in safety briefings and meetings and take part in implementing safety initiatives, regularly perform safety inspections of work activities, facilities, equipment and vehicles and immediately quit and report to supervisors/co-workers/concerned safety office if unanticipated hazardous or unsafe conditions are encountered.
- As Zambia Airways Brand Ambassador, you are responsible to promote and adhere to the Brand Guidelines.
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
IV. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of BSC Degree or equivalent in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering/Software Engineering or related field of studies with a Minimum of one year of experience in Airways or related areas
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should email their applications clearly mentioning in the subject line the position being applied for, to [email protected] not later than 13 December 2019. Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter, CV; Certified Copies of Professional/ Academic Certificates and the National Registration Card (NRC).
Zambia Airways provides equal employment opportunities to the Zambian nationals on merit without unlawful discrimination based on age, gender, colour, tribe, disability, race or religion.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.