Job Advert : Intern
Location: Lusaka, with occasional travel as required
Contract type: 6 month paid internship (with possibility of full-time job at the end of the internship)
Media 365: Ideas that Inform, Educate and Inspire
Who are we?
Media 365 is a 100% female owned, award-winning consultancy agency. Based in Lusaka, Zambia, we work with local and global clients in the public, private and non-profit sectors since 2008. We design and implement projects and campaigns using a design process that creates impact.
We are seeking a curious, attentive, and organised individual who is passionate about gender issues, research, communications, content development and interested in developing hard skills in project assistance. The Intern will provide support in the delivery of multi-stakeholder projects. If you are a young school leaver or graduate, with a passion for learning, hard work and a “can-do” attitude, we would love to hear from you!
What will you do?
The Media 365 Internship Programme seeks to train and develop curious and passionate schoolleavers and graduates with none to limited work experience who are keen to get involved across all the business units and on multiple projects. During the internship, you will provide administrative, project, production, and creative support for projects at Media 365, enabling you to have a rounded experience. Work will consist of a wide range of administrative, logistical, and project tasks to ensure project efficiency and effectiveness. The internship will involve routine and non-routine tasks related to areas such as research, content planning and development, social media management, input on communication strategies and event organising.
Working closely with all members of the team, expect this to be full on training programme that is results oriented. You will be required to switch between various business units and contribute to all projects.
Skills, competencies, qualifications, experience, and personal attributes
- Minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong record of extra-curricular activities
- Good oral and written English
- Can grasp concepts and new information easily
- Diploma, degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, or journalism
- Fluency in at least one local language
- Disciplined, resourceful and analytical
- Articulate, motivated, and growth-oriented
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task whilst maintaining clear and proactive flow o communication and ownership of tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with diverse colleagues and external audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- A willingness and flexibility to do “whatever it takes” for “whoever needs it”
- Excellent “customer service” and pleasant personality
To apply please submit a cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the internship and a CV to [email protected], with the subject line: Application for Internship by Friday, 9th October.
Interviews will be conducted between 13th and 16th October. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you!