Job Title: Intern FITTER
To ensure the factory equipment is running optimally and that all the equipment is kept in an original, standard and running at the most efficient and optimum level Job description.
PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS AND TASKS
- Your Job as our machinery maintenance mechanic is to inspect, maintain, repair, and adjust our processing machinery and equipment to ensure its proper operation in the plant. Your role is vital in keeping production lines running and the business profitable.
- You have to ensure that the machinery in our plants is maintained regularly, breakdowns and delays
- You need to have a good knowledge of a wide range of tools used in doing preventive maintenance or making repairs. You may be required to solder or weld. You will use power and hand tools and precision measuring instruments. It is your job to troubleshoot the entire plant’s operations.
- You must inspect the equipment, oil and grease moving components, and clean and repair parts, and you need to keep detailed maintenance records on the equipment you have serviced.
- When breakdowns occur, you may have to partially or completely disassemble a machine to make the necessary repairs. You may have to replace worn bearings, adjust clutches, and replace and repair defective parts. You are also responsible for ensuring that the factory maintenance manager has the information required to order replacement parts from the machinery’s manufacturer. If no parts are available, they may have to make the necessary replacements, using milling machines, lathes, or other tooling equipment or taking them to the engineering company.
- We will rely on you to assist to properly situate and install the machinery. ·
- You should possess mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity and be in good physical condition and agile as you will sometimes have to lift heavy objects, crawl under large machines, or climb to reach equipment located high above the factory floor.
- Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports · You are responsible for keeping the workshop and its’ surrounding as neat, tidy and organized as possible so that you are able to function as efficiently as possible.
- You will be required to perform any work duties as assigned by your manager.
- Minimum qualification of a Trades Certificate in Machine Operating or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience.
- Good verbal communication skills in English Strong attention to detail with ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in a team.
All aplicants should forward their applications to [email protected] before 16th of October 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]