National Institute for Scientific and Industrial Research (NISIR)
The National Institute for Scientific and Industrial Research (NISIR) was established by Statutory Instrument No. 73 of 1998 pursuant to the Science and Technology Act No. 26 of 1997 of the Laws of Zambia to spearhead Research and Development (R&D) activities in order to promote and accelerate sustainable socio-economic growth in the country.
NISIR is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced person to fill the following position:
The successful candidate will reportto the Board. The main purpose of the job is to plan, coordinate and control all the internal audit functions of the National Institute for Scientific and Industrial Research (NISIR) in order to achieve the Institute’s mandate.
The successful candidate will be based at NISIR Headquarters, Lusaka.
The ideal candidate is expected to have the following: Technical job knowledge, analytical and problem-solving skills, planning and organising skills, good interpersonal skills ability to work with very minimal supervision, ability to work in a team and a working knowledge of Pastel, Micro Soft Office and Micro-Payroll System.
- To examine, review and implement internal controls, policies and procedures and ensuring that they are appropriate and adequate.
- To examine operations’ efficiency as to procedures and accountability of all revenues.
- To interpret accounting policies and make appraisals of methods of accounting and administration to ensure that policies/procedures are adhered to
- To prepare internal audit workplans which will form the basis for an effective internal audit system.
- To submit quarterly and half-yearly reports to the Audit Committee through the Executive Director.
- To serve, as a member, or head, of various adhoc and working Committees that may be appointed from to time.
- To undertake investigations in any areas of management or accounting as may be required.
- Liaise with External Auditors to ensure that statutory audits are done expeditiously and to the highest standards possible.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Full Form V or Grade 12 Certificate
- Full ACCA or CIMA
- At least Five (5) years experience in similar capacity.
- Having worked in an auditing firm and exposure to public sector accounting or audit will be an added advantage.
- Must be a paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
Interested ca ndidates should submit their applications marked ” Internal Auditor” with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional qualifications, contact cell/telephone number(s) and contact address of at least three (3) traceable referees, addressed to:
The Executive Director
National Institute for Scientific and Industrial Resea rch
Tel. No. 260 211 281082/3 or260211 281013
Closing date for receiving applications is 16th October 2020
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]