Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.2 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva’s team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
Kiva’s Impact Investments team works with Partner institutions and borrowers from all over the world, who post profiles for fundraising onto the Kiva website. The team is responsible for sourcing, monitoring and managing relationships with these partners and borrowers, onboarding and training new partners, and ensuring that all funding relationships are compliant with Kiva’s policies and are aligned with Kiva’s social mission and strategic focus. The Impact Investments team includes staff based in the US, Kenya, Thailand, and Colombia, who manage Kiva’s investment relationships across the world. We are looking for a talented and highly motivated professional to join our team in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Investment Associate will be responsible for monitoring performance metrics and trends of institutional partners and borrowers with a focus on Africa and the Middle East. This is an early-career opportunity which will support Kiva’s Impact Investments team in onboarding, monitoring, and supporting our large network of international investment partners. The Investment Associate will report to a Senior Investment Manager or Investment Director, and will collaborate closely with other team members across the Impact Investments team. This role will facilitate support for partners to ensure compliance with Kiva’s policies and the effective and efficient use of Kiva’s systems. The ideal candidate is a flexible and positive team player who is passionate about Kiva’s mission and is able to assess relationship data and execute complex processes efficiently and accurately.
- Monitor performance metrics of assigned Partners in collaboration with Investment Managers.
- Input Partner financials and risk metrics into standardized templates, follow up with partners to resolve any issues, and review financial analysis outputs.
- Monitor compliance of Partners with general Kiva policies.
- Support Investment Managers in preparations for onsite due diligence and monitoring visits.
- Conduct basic desk due diligence for new prospects, write up results, and support Investment Managers’ presentation of information to the Investment Committee.
- Participate in update calls with Partners.
- Manage or support onboarding and training of new Partners to Kiva systems.
- Manage and maintain up to date documentation related to Partners in Kiva’s various systems.
- Answer questions and issues by Partners that are escalated by the Credit Operations team in using Kiva systems and tools.
- Communicate Kiva policies to Partners and update Partners on new developments at Kiva.
- Support Investment Managers and Kiva Fellows in addressing operational challenges that arise with specific Partnerships.
- 2+ years of work experience in Investment Management, Lending, Finance, Business Analytics, or a related area
- Training or experience in financial statement analysis is a plus
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize across competing tasks
- Flexible, and willing to maintain a dynamic schedule in order to work with people across varying time zones
- Able to travel occasionally and to adapt to various international work environments
- Effective while working remotely
- Strong communication and relationship management skills, including the ability to tailor communications to a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders, across multiple cultures.
- Tech savvy. High level of proficiency in Microsoft and/or Google Suite office software and adept at learning and using technology platforms.
- French language proficiency or fluency a big plus
What we offer
- A real opportunity to improve lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
- Annual salary: USD $30,000-$36,000
Closing Date : 23 May, 2020