1. Background and Purpose
We Effect is a development organisation founded in 1958 by the cooperative movement in Sweden. We work in more than 20 countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa and collaborate mainly with member-based organisations consisting of women and men who live in poverty. We work in the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. Our values are respect, transparency, and together.
We Effect Southern Africa consists of four countries with programmes in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Malawi. We Effect – Southern Africa employs around 50 members of staff and the regional budget for 2021 is approximately USD 14 million.
We Effect is inviting consultancy companies or individual consultants for a one-year framework consultancy agreement for the provision of services in internal control and compliance, and capacity building of staff and partner organisations in identified gaps in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Malawi.
2. Framework Agreement
We Effect will enter into a 12-month framework consultancy agreement. The framework consultancy agreement will include terms and conditions, fee rate and payment. Specific assignments will be agreed and carried out within the framework consultancy agreement. The specific assignment will include information on the scope of work, number of workdays and deliverables.
3. Specific Assignments
The specific assignments will include, but shall not be limited to:
- Carry out compliance inspections and/or spot checks of internal controls, including analysis of potential gaps in internal policies and guidelines in finance and the thematic fields;
- Carry out forensic audits;
- Provide support in following up on compliance inspections requested by donors, government authorities or We Effect;
- Provide support in year-end processes and audit;
- Build capacity of We Effect staff and partner organisation on identified gaps in relation to internal policies and guidelines in finance and the thematic fields; and
- Further develop tools for internal control and compliance, based on needs and lessons learnt.
Capacity building for We Effect staff and partner organisations will be central in all assignments. The consultant must have the skills to transfer knowledge by engaging with staff and partner organisations using various methods.
4. Qualification Requirements
This call is for consulting firms or individual consultants. Consultants shall demonstrate the following expertise and qualifications:
- Academic degree in relevant field;
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in civil society organisations and/or international development cooperation;
- Proven experience in financial and non-financial compliance monitoring;
- Strong capacity building and communication skills, works well in a team, excellent deadline management and ease to work towards set goals;
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and in written;
- Proficient in computer skills using various applications; and
- Able and willing to travel when required.
Optional qualifications are:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation in the four countries; and
- Portuguese language skills, both spoken and in written
Tenders shall consist of:
- Company profile and experience (clearly stating full contact details, physical address, and telephone lines).
- Certificate of incorporation or registration;
- Tax registration and tax clearance certificate; and
- Declaration of any business or personal relationships connected to We Effect.
The tender shall also include:
- CV of the proposed consultant(s)
- Proposed methods of capacity building;
- References/samples of similar assignments completed; and
- Fee rate in ZMW per day per consultant.
The successful consultancy firm and/or candidate will be selected based on meeting the qualification requirements and interviews of company representatives and/or candidate.
Tenders should be sent by email to [email protected] by 4th October 2021. Please mark the tender with “Internal control ROSA”.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]