Samasource is a social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty. We build technology that helps leverage the brain-power of the poor so they can lift themselves out of poverty by providing valuable services to companies around the world. We are a dynamic and growing team with a big vision–to reduce worldwide poverty and its effects through technology. We need the best people to help us achieve it. We like to move fast and get things done. If you join us, you’ll be able to make an immediate impact, connect with some of the brightest people in the fields of social enterprise, impact sourcing, and tech. Samasource is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including eBay, Google, Cisco, and the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations.
Job Summary: The IT Specialist will ensure that the system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values and enabling staff to effectively perform their duties. The incumbent will receive instruction and guidance on new assignments with a reasonable amount of supervision in day to day work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that virus protection software is installed on all PCs and are updated regularly
- Manage all communications and connection solutions including workstation connectivity, LANs & WAN to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications
- Participate in planning and implementation of IT policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance is consistent with organization goals, industry best practice and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate with business application functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives
- Deploying workstations, servers, printers, scanners, firewalls, encryption systems and all host security systems
- Manage all operating systems and end-user software
- Ensure integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, servers and databases in accordance with business needs and industry best practices regarding privacy, security and regulatory compliance
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights and storage allocations
- Perform regular network and security audits and document the same
- Perform and test routine system back-ups and restores
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Samasource IT Specialist job must hold a Degree in IT, Computer Science or Computer Engineering from a recognized University
- Professional qualifications: Systems administration/System Engineering, Certification in Microsoft MCSE/MCTIP, CCNA
- At least three years of practical experience in a reputable organization
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC and platform operating systems
- Extensive application, support experience and working technical knowledge of current system software, protocols and standards including firewalls and active directory
- Experience in LAN administration, software and hardware troubleshooting and data maintenance
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below.