Makueni County Public Service Board is established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012. The Board was inaugurated on the 5th of August, 2013 as a body corporate with perpetual succession and seal capable of suing and being sued in its corporate name.
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a holder of Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of Nursing Council of Kenya
- Possess a valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Providing preventive and promotive healthcare services;
- Making simple diagnosis and evaluating patient’s outcomes;
- Assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions
- Providing appropriate healthcare service including Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI), immunization, PMTCT, ante-natal care and delivery,
- Providing health education and counseling to patients/clients and community on identified health needs;
- Facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans;
- Maintaining records on patients/clients health condition and care;
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; and collecting and compiling data.
- Conducting delivery;
- Prescription and treatment of common diseases;
- Administering drugs, vaccines, and contraceptives;
- Performing simple surgical procedures;
- Referring clients with complex or severe conditions to higher treatment centres for comprehensive care and treatment;
- Teaching and mentoring other staff
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview. The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply. Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.