National Breweries Plc
National Breweries Plc is Zambia’s leading producer and distributor of Traditional African Beer. Our affiliation to Delta Beverages gives our employees a sense of pride and that of belonging to one of the biggest international brewing companies in the world. The Company offers opportunities for all to learn develop and grow, whilst offering challenging career opportunities for lateral or vertical advancement.
We are inviting applications to fill the following vacant position:
Reporting to the Quality Specialist, the successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
1. Maintain and calibrate equipment:
- Equipment is maintained and calibrated according to manualised method.
- Equipment calibration frequencies are adhered to according to manufacturers and business technical requirements.
- Equipment calibration records are maintained, and status indicated according to business technical requirements
- Defects identified, root cause established, and corrective action is taken.
2. Maintain a safe and healthy work environment:
- Reagents and chemicals are handled and disposed of as per manualised method.
- Hazardous chemicals are identified, and appropriate-handling techniques are understood
- Personal protective equipment requirements are adhered to according to manualised method.
- Safe storage of apparatus and chemicals occurs according to manualised method.
- Hazards are identified, and preventative action is taken.
- Housekeeping schedules are adhered to.
- Zero accidents in the lab
- Compliance to OHS 18000 & ISO 14000, NOSA systems
3. Prepare samples:
- Sampling is carried out as per manualised method.
- Samples are identified, verified and handled to retain integrity as manualised.
- Samples are prepared and dispatched, if necessary, as per manualised method.
4. Conduct analysis:
- Relevant apparatus equipment and reagents are prepared as per manualised method.
- Analysis is performed as per business-standards using fundamental laboratory techniques and practices.
- Hygiene KPI’s (Plant micro scores: – Brewing, KO, Packaging, Canteen,
- Engineering; Global Hygiene KPI, Environmental Surveys, Micro-scorecard)
The job is particularly suitable for candidates who meet the following minimum requirements and possess the following attributes.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Analytical/Micro/Food Science/Lab/Chemistry
- Familiar with Lab techniques and practices
- Basic knowledge of production processes
- Good knowledge of lab instruments
- At least 2 years working experience in an FMCG
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested persons should forward their applications and CV’s later than 18 June 2020 to;
The Human Resources Specialist
National Breweries Plc
Sheki Sheki Road
PO Box 35135
Email address: [email protected]
(Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to & all attachments should be in a single PDF File. Kindly state the position in the subject line)