SI is pursuing a bid for an upcoming USAID/KEA single holder award under an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract for the provision of Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting (MV&R) activities through the five-year USAID/Somalia MV&R Activity Task Order. The activity aims to verify and report on activities carried out by Implementing Partners (IPs) across Somalia, through the delivery of timely, analytical, qualitative, and quantitative information. Through visits to USAID/Somalia supported activity sites. The findings derived from monitoring and verification information must be backed with evidence and reported to USAID in a manner that allows activity managers to understand the successes and challenges on the ground quickly, and to take prompt action if needed.
SI is seeking a full-time Local Director of Finance and Administration to oversee all financial, operational, contractual, and administrative aspects of the multi-million dollar project. The position will be full-time over the duration of the project, and will be based in Nairobi.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Kenyan citizenship will be considered.**
- Manage and oversee project finance and administration for the field office.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and deliverables in line with USAID regulations and SI policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement procedures for project financial management, procurement, sub-contracts, and consultant contracts to ensure transparency and good business practices.
- Work with Chief of Party to ensure that financial management and reporting is in compliance with USAID requirements.
- Manage project start-up and support initial work planning process.
- Establish procedures for financial operations, banking, and reporting.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Implement other functions relevant to the position, including regular meetings with SI Headquarters Management Team.
- Master’s degree in public administration, business, financial management, or another relevant field.
- At least seven years of financial management and contracts oversight experience and expertise on USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID contractual, administrative, and financial regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with Kenyan and Somali payroll income tax calculations and health policy calculations for full-time staff.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and QuickBooks.
- Computer literacy and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability; Somali language proficiency.
- An understanding of Somali culture and operating environment.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Closing Date : 6th June, 2020