Kariba Sunset Villas (a subsidiary of Kafue Gorge Regional Training Centre)
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Head Finance and Investments at KGRTC, the Lodge Manager will be responsible for all areas of operation of the lodge including staff and guest management, marketing of the facility, as well as provision of leadership and strategic direction of the lodge. He/she will be required to manage between profitability of the lodge and guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for all the inside operations of the Lodge, including Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and maintenance.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the KSV’s annual operating budget.
- Market the lodge’s products and maximize revenue through innovative sales and promotional practices.
- Manage ongoing profitability of the lodge, ensuring that revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Closely monitor the Lodge’s business reports on a daily basis and make decisions accordingly.
- Compliance with all legal requirements by ensuring that all necessary registrations are completed.
- Assist in the procurement of supplies and equipment and contracting with suppliers for goods and services.
- Investigate and handle all customer complaints effectively.
- Manage all staff reporting to the position in order to effectively assist, train, motivate and monitor their activities.
- Provide effective leadership to lodge team members.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience. The ideal candidate must meet the following specific requirements;
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Hospitality Management or its equivalent
- Self starter with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated experience of having managed a Hotel or Lodge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft excel a must.
- Strong problem solver with the ability to handle complex challenges and solve problems using a win-win approach.
- Good analytical skills
- Well developed leadership and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems will be an added advantage
- Must have a valid driving license
To apply please visit www.kgrtc.org.zm.