Position: Logistics Assistant-Supply Chain Management
Location: Mongu, Zambia
Contract duration: 9 months
Start date: ASAP
Direct Line Manager: Logistics Manager
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance around the world. Present in Zambia since 2017, PIN has directly and in cooperation with local partners implemented numerous humanitarian and development projects across Western, North Western and Lusaka provinces, mainly focusing on emergency and development Nutrition, WASH, Livelihoods, renewable energy and good governance programming (funded by UNICEF, DG DEVCO and Czech government).
Description of the Role
The Supply Chain Assistant (SCA) is responsible to provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective procurement and timely delivery of goods and services to intended beneficiaries.
- Support tender preparation and tender execution and general support to all the procurement matters within the range of PIN work in Zambia;
- Ensure compliance with procurement procedures;
- Consult potential exemptions with Procurement Officer;
- Provide guidance to other team members on ELO procedures in relation to managing procurement;
- Provide CP Procurement Guidelines training for staff, especially as part of induction training (if necessary and required);
- Analyse operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
- Responsible for regular updates of Annual Procurement Plans;
- Assure economic and adequate purchases for office needs according to PIN and donor procurement rules;
- Identify suitable and reliable suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services in support of programme implementation in accordance with donors and PIN procurement guidelines;
- Implement procurement: preparation of quotations, tenders, market surveys, gathering them and uploading into ELO. Purchases of projects’ items and services;
- Keep track on all deadlines or closing date of quotation submissions;
- Keep track on deadline of delivery stipulated in each Contract and send out necessary reminder to suppliers if the deadline is approaching.
- To liaise with project managers and give advice about best ways to procure goods ensuring quality control and conformity with required specifications;
- Update supplier database;
- Collecting of invoices from suppliers and handing to Finance Department;
- Additional responsibilities or other tasks as assigned by the line manager or from staff.
- Handling of stock as per PIN guidelines on stock management and warehousing guidelines, including quality control
- Appropriate storing layout and organisation of the items on stock, their identification and safe storing
- Preparing, processing and proper archiving of stock documentation as per PIN guidelines on stock management
- Completeness, correctness and accurate links between actual material in stock and documentation
- Monitoring of loading and unloading of material and completeness check.
- Ensuring a safe, comfortable, efficient and cost-effective use of the Premises,
- Management of office/guest house supplies – replenishment and stock of consumables and stationery used in the office,
- Ensuring regular office/guest house maintenance and cleanness of premises,
- Spare keys to guesthouses and offices kept in safe place with restricted access
- Efficient and adequate lodging premises for permanent or visiting staff, including its maintenance and equipment arrangements.
PERSON SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Work Experience and Knowledge
- Experience in a similar position for at least 2 years;
- First-hand experience across procurement, transportation, warehousing, assets and facility management.;
- Knowledge of Zambian regulations for logistics processes;
- Experience of working for an international non-governmental organization is an advantage
- Ability of record keeping (procurement trackers, logbooks, etc);
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Word, Excel and email is a must;
- Knowledge of IT network set up and basic maintenance of IT technique is advantage;
- Knowledge of car mechanics and/or ability to repair cars is an advantage;
- Excellent people management skills and good communicator;
- Highly organized, dynamic and self-motivated, ability to work under high pressure and prioritize tasks;
- Ability and experience with teams leading.
- Diploma (or a degree) in relevant field – supply chain, logistics, etc.
- Please submit your application including a detailed CV, salary expectation and other data by filling in the form found on this link:https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/813288DF53/apply/
- Completed application must clearly mention on top the position applied for and must reach to above address of People in Need office before, April 12, 2021 17:00 Hours (CAT)
- Due to limited resources, Human Resources office will only contact the shortlisted candidates.
- Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of two (2) references from your most recent and previous employers (supervisors). In case clarification is required, People in Need reserves the right to call the referees.
- Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.