Position: LOGISTICS MANAGER
Department: SUPPLY CHAIN
Location: LUSAKA – ZAMBIA
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To manage the Country logistics activities by ensuring that all stores are optimally stocked according to operational requirements while complying with logistical policies and procedures, in order to obtain maximum sales at minimum costs. This position is part of the senior management team of the Country and serves as the link between Field Management and the Logistics Department
- Forms an integral part ofthe Zambian Country management teamand the PEP Zambia strategy
- Additionally forms part of the bigger PEP Africa central Leadership team with input to centralised standard logistic processes and best practices for all African Countries.
- Manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders’ i.e. external suppliers, regulatory institutions and Central Office.
- Manage end-to-end operations of Zambia logistics:
- Inbound. Management of the inbound processes to ensure delivery ofall imported and local deliveries to the Country DC wthin planned purchase ordertime lines.
- Distribution Centre: Management ofthe DC operational functions to ensure accurate processing of all stock and transactions for inflows, storage and processing, as well as timeous stock deliveries to store and stock counts,
- Transport: Management of the transport function for the delivery of all stock, fixtures and fittings from the country DC to stores.
- Risk Management: Management of all aspects of risk in the Country DC and Central offces, including Occupational Health and Safety, access control, guarding and response management, alarms and other monitoring.
- Cost and Admin management: Management of the Country Logistics cost budget. Ensure retail reports; stock statements and price adjustments are captured; processes and reconciled timeously.
- Lead and manage Distribution Centre team by driving productivity and creating a “Best place to work” environment for employees by creating a safe workplace; driving relevant training and implementing the Company’s cuIture.
- Optimize processes, systems and methodologies in accordance with best practices, centralised policies from Cape Town and cost-effectiveness requirements
- Ad hoc projects.
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years’ experience preferably in Distribution Centre, Imports and Exports and Transport Management.
- 5 years’ leadership experience
- Understanding of Import- and Export processes as well as Customs procedures
- Strong English communication skills (verbal & written) as well as presentation skills.
- Computer literacy: MS Offce (Intermediate level), Excel advanced,
- Willingness to travel within and outside Zambia.
- Zambian Citizen
Competencies required: Honesty, Passion & Resourcefulness; strong Leadership and managerial skills; Communication; Service orientation; Problem assessment; Decision making; Build and maintain healthy business relationships; High stress tolerance Planning, organising and control; Business Acumen and learning orientation and change.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, June 10, 2020
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your ENGLISH CV to [email protected]
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.