Southern Cross Motors
Southern Cross Motors Limited (the “Company”) is the only authorised distributor of Mercedes-Benz passenger and Commercial Vehicles, Jeep, Fiat, Mitsubishi, Haval and GWM vehicles in Zambia. The Company has invested heavily in workshops managed by fully trained staff to ensure that our esteemed clients get a world-class service.
The Company is seeking to hire a Management Trainee – Human Resource to be based in Lusaka. The management trainee will under the supervision of the Human Resource Manager undergo an intensive management development program in preparation for taking up a future role within the Company.
The management trainee will perform human resource and administrative duties in order to facilitate effective and efficient running of the Company. The following are key deliverables among others under the training of the Human Resource Manager:
- Assisting in ensuring that all employees are availed with job descriptions duly approved by the Head of Department and signed off by the job holders;
- Assisting in facilitating for training and other employee skills development programs;
- Within the department, carry out electronic and manual filing of all documents appropriately into personnel files and subject files;
- Assist the line manager in performing reference and background checks are completed for new employees
- Taking minutes and making appropriate follow-up on actions taken in respect of employee meetings
- In liaison with the line manager, invite selected candidates for interviews and ensure candidates have proper documentation during interviews
- Process and maintain leave records for employees;
- Conducting exit interviews for unionized employees who resign from the employment of the Company;
- Performing any other duties within the scope of the job as may be assigned by the supervisor fromtime to time
- Full grade twelve certificate
- University Degree in Human Resources Management or its equivalent
- The candidate should not have graduated more than two (2) years ago
- Computer literate, well versed with Microsoft office packages
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Of honest and trust worthy character
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve ambitious goals by creating trust within and amongst work groups.
- Ability to produce required results within the HR function and across the business
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work after hours is desirable
Interested applicants that meet the above qualifications should submit the application, qualifications and a comprehensive CV with full contact details of three referees to the Human Resource Manager, Southern Cross Motors, Plot 14100, Kafue Road, Lusaka or Email: [email protected] by Wednesday, 23rd, September, 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]