Purpose of Role
To safely execute maintenance work according to the prescribed standards while ensuring the safety of self and others.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Inspection of scaffolding materials for corrosion and rust.
- Erecting and dismantling access scaffolding.
- Endorsement of erected scaffolding for safe use/safe work loads.
- Inspection of erected scaffolding after every 7 days.
- Removal of scaffolding materials after completion of work for safe stacking..
- Basic rigging knowledge (slinging, signaling & basic lift supervising- ie scaffold bundles etc)
- Identification of all scaffolding materials.
- Risk assessment of scaffolding requirement to be erected.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor related to the above work.
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Certificate
- Scaffolding certificate from recognized institution
- Practical first aid certificate / silicosis.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a qualified Scaffolding fixer
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise / dust
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.