BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world.BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves.
Position reports to: Chief Technical Officer
Direct reports: None
BURN is currently seeking a mission driven candidate to serve a 12-month term as Mechanical Engineer Fellow in our manufacturing facility in Nairobi, Kenya.
General areas of engagement include:
- Work with the product development team on design for manufacturability and robustness.
- Development of manufacturing processes, including tools for fabrication, assembly, finishing, and infrastructural materials, among others.
- Trouble shooting production issues and further refining the production system. This often requires creativity and resourcefulness to keep the factory running while waiting for proper repairs or components.
- Take a leadership role in bringing up new production lines.
- Evaluation, maintenance and repair of factory equipment including mechanical and hydraulic presses, shears, spot welders and drill presses.
- Creating and editing SOP’s and QC inspection documents
- Work closely with and help to train QC inspectors, technicians and production personnel in enhancing the quality and manufacturability of our product
- Mechanical Engineering Degree, Mechatronics Engineering, Process Engineering, Industrial Design Engineering Degree.
- Mechanical aptitude: ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical issues with production equipment and tooling
- Familiarity with basic shop machines and tools: manual mill, lathe, drill press
- Solidworks CAD skills: able to read drawings and complete basic design work
- Familiarity with basic metrology as it applies to our stove parts and tooling
- Welding and fabrication skills are preferable
- Electrical control system basics is desirable
- High level organizational skills
- Works well in team setting with line employees and technicians
DUDURATION: 12 months
Closing Date : 28 June, 2020