MARY BEGG HEALTH SERVICES
MARYBEGG HEALTH SERVICES
POSITION : Medical Doctor – (1)
LOCATION : Ndola Medical Complex
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The doctor is responsible for the delivery of a high standard of medical care together with excellent customer service at the health facility. Medical doctors rotate between outpatient, emergency, inpatient and occupational health services. They work closely with other multidisciplinary clinicians to provide comprehensive health care services for patients and their families.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure that the hospital/clinic facilities, medical equipment and patient services are maintained to an operational standard of professional excellence.
- Comply with all MBHS standards for delivering high quality clinical care and where relevant, identify and/or design any medical practice standards or procedures that are required.
- Attend regular clinic and medical clinician meetings to report on and discuss issues relating to improvements to hospital / clinic services.
- Ensure that proper handover procedures are followed between doctors and at shift change to promote continuity of patient care.
- Be available for duty as rostered for normal shifts, on call shifts (defined as a standby period out of normal clinic hours), weekends and in case of emergencies.
- Maintain and promote international standards of good medical practice within the hospital/clinic in collaboration with other medical staff / chief medical officer/clinic or hospital manager/ medical director.
- Ensure that MBHS protocols and procedures and local regulations are adhered to at all times.
Maintain individual clinical knowledge at an international standard through continuous education, training and learning.
- Ensure that patient care documentation is accurate, legible and content appropriate. Every interaction with patients/clients, service and third-party providers is documented accurately.
- Ensure that patients are notified of their test results within 12 hours of receiving results.
- Ensure that universal infection control precautions are maintained throughout the hospital/clinic.
- Must be available for after-hours or on-call work when rostered to do so and in any emergency situation out of the rostered period.
- Ensure compliance for other duties and responsibilities as may be required from the chief medical officer and/or hospital/clinic manager from time to time.
- Assist with appropriate medical evacuation or referral services. This will include ensuring all paperwork is complete like medical reports, organising of referrals, monitoring the patient’s condition, advising on appropriate means of evacuation, and monitoring the progress of the referral or evacuation.
- Be available to escort patients if required during a medical evacuation.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Must have completed a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery or equivalent.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ).
- Must have training and experience in HIV care.
- Experience in emergency medicine is an advantage.
- Must have at least 3 – 5 years’ experience
- Excellent Judgement
- Critical thinking
- Problem Solving skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Service minded, time management and Quality care minded.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, follow the link below and attached your detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Go to: www.marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com/jobs . Closing date: 20th July 2021.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be shortlisted and contacted. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
To apply for this job please visit marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com.