Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below in Data Innovation Unit.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking talented mobile developers with extensive React Native / Android / iOS development experience who are passionate about mobile applications. You’ll work closely with the Data Science team to progress their technology platform and help unlock the full potential of the engineers around you.
● 5 years’ experience in mobile development (Android, iOS, React Native)
● Experience designing and developing mobile applications in a complex-operating environment; financial industry experience, an advantage
● Experience with design and architectural decisions of app
● Testing experience, leveraging mocking/spying frameworks for isolation of the subject component
● Agile development environment experience, familiarity with SCRUM
● Ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
● Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, and relational database design
● Experience with notification platforms such as FCM, APNS
● Experience developing location-based services with MapKit, Google Maps, or similar framework
● Jenkins, Fastlane, and Fabric for continuous integration and deployment
● Multithreading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
● Good communication in English (both written and verbal)
Closing Date : 6th June, 2020