The primary role of the M&E officer is to oversee the review and capturing of DSD clinical data in 30 hospitals in Zambia. The M&E officer will work with clinical staff and data officers in the assigned facilities to ensure program data are reviewed thoroughly and DSD database is populated adequately.
i. Stakeholder Engagement
- Work closely with DSD stakeholders at facility level to develop and maintain key relationships
- Work closely with DSD staff to ensure seamless multi-directional flow of information between the various clinical records and staff.
ii. Project Implementation and technical support
- Work closely with Howard University DSD Manager and other project staff and facility ART staff in the execution of components of this project
- Oversees the collection, collation and tabulation of program data in all supported facilities.
- Reviews the quality of program data collected from supported facilities and updates the database.
- Ensures program data is obtained on timely manner and submitted for review to program managers on agreed timelines.
- Communicates with appropriate parties regarding data capturing and entry process
- Evaluates, identifies, and reports on, quality of clinical data issues.
- Participates on quality improvement teams.
- Participates in the project data analysis, reporting, and feedback processes.
- Prepare, write and edit programme reports periodically in an agreed format.
- Present DSD data to relevant stakeholders as requested at provincial and district levels
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the DSD program manager
- Prepare reports on the implementation of DSD program in supported facilities.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Diploma in IT and other related fields
- Diploma in the field of health science and proficient IT skill
- 3 years of experience in the management of HIV program data
- Experience in donor-oriented data handling
- Experience working with data on differentiated service delivery of HIV care
- Computer literate including skills in smartcare
- Understanding of health facility screening tools, registers, client’s files, and other necessary health documents
Salary: Negotiable and competitive
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]