Multimedia Journalists are part of the editorial/production team which work within the BBC’s high editorial standards with accountability for the clear and engaging reporting or presentation of the daily and/or weekly programme.
Responsible for all aspects of Business output including the production and presentation of live and recorded content, reporting, presenting, script-writing, packaging, translating, and compiling TV Bulletins.
In addition, all of our journalists are involved in creating digital video for our website and social platforms, and writing for our website to promote our content and engage with our audiences.
Shift work will be required which could include early/late shifts, weekends and public holidays.
Please View The Attached Job Description For More Information.
Are you the right candidate?
- First class communication with fluency in written and spoken English. Ability to communicate effectively in another African language is preferable
- A good knowledge of what works on TV and digital platforms within the market.
- Proven track record of coming up with ideas and seeing them through to delivery, ideally in a creative or media environment
- Exceptional knowledge of business, in particular stories that appeals to an African audience. Excellent contacts
- Relevant experience as a Journalist, both in originating material and editing the work of others, is highly desirable.
Contract: Full time – Continuing
Local terms and conditions apply
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to BBC World Service career website on careerssearch.bbc.co.uk to apply