Health Information System Program Zambia
HISP Zambia Job Descriptions
1. Job/Position: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
A chief executive officer (CEO) is the highest-ranking executive at HISP ZM. The primary responsibilities include making major corporate decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of a company, acting as the main point of communication between the board and corporate operations and being the public face of the company. A CEO is elected by the board and guarantors
The CEO reports to the HISP-ZM board. The CEO is responsible for:
- Shaping the strategy and direction of HISP ZM
- Determining the HISP ZM’s culture, values, and behavior, and modelling the values the HISP ZM professes to hold
- Building a strong senior executive team
- Acquiring new business/grants or investment from the market, development Partners and other sources
- Deciding how the HISP ZM’s capital should be allocated
- Maintaining regulatory compliance with regulatory bodies and the government
- Understanding and making decisions about operations
- Change management and leadership through crises
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Business studies, Computing science or public health.
- At least 1 0 years’ experience running a viable private, public or partnership organization.
- At least 5 years’ experience working or providing services or goods to the public service.
- Experience with partners such as USAID, UK Aid, UNICEF, UNDP, ICT, epidemiology, development projects will be added advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
2. Job/Position: Data Management Advisor
The Data Management Advisor (or Coordinator) reports to senior HMIS advisor. Manages HISP-ZM data managers. Supports HMIS rapid assessment, addressing data management functionality and SOPs. Designs data management systems and visualization tools for HMIS data analysis. Reviews HMIS data elements, indicators and integration of population data.
- Helps and advises the MOH to adopt best practices in the installation, configuration and maintenance of the DHIS2 system.
- Works with other team members to identify weaknesses, strengths, threats and opportunities of the HMIS during the rapid Assessment. And in producing the assessment reports and actions plans
- Provide guidance to data managers on the work to improve data quality, use and interfaces to meet the HMIS requirements.
- Build MOH capacity to data management through training of trainers and workshops.
- Provide technical assistance to design suitable analytics tools to analyze data, improve quality and build confidence of stakeholders in using the HMIS data.
- Provide timely feedback to data managers, data providers and users and design interventions to improve data quality, completeness and timeliness as effectively
- Build capacity of national M&E and program staff to address M&E challenges and lead in implementing solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience in M&E systems, especially in health systems
- Degree in information systems/computing science and/or exposed to DHIS2 training such as Information use, customization and tracker
- 3+ experience in designing, implementing, upgrading and maintaining DHIS2 instances including accessing back end of the DHIS2
- Solid experience in data management systems on Linux, Windows using relational databases such as Postgresql, Mysql and other RDMS.
- Ability to maintain a secure DHIS2 instance including user management, backups and restorations, business continuity, sizing and performance management of various server management tools such tomcat and apache
- Proficiency in developing data communications tools and approaches
- Knowledge and experience of the health policy and programming process
- Knowledge and experience of data-informed decision making and advocacy
- Ability to communicate technical data to non-technical audiences
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team member and lead a team
3. Job/Position: Data Managers (2).
She/he will oversee the development and use of data systems within DHIS2 and will establish efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of databases, including DHIS2 data analysis procedures. S/he will provide assistance and training to system users (SI and technical staff).
- Oversee the data cleaning and writing necessary SQL queries to extract data for routine decision making and other program management tasks;
- Collaborate with and train the M&E team in how to use the platforms to prepare
presentation materials, including appropriate tables, graphics and maps.
- Supports HMIS rapid assessment,
- Addressing data management functionality and SOPs.
- Designs data management systems and visualization tools for HMIS data analysis.
- Reviews HMIS data elements, indicators and integration of population data
- Knowledge of technological developments/trends in database construction; computer data processing principles; management and data retrieval methods; structured programming, testing, and debugging techniques.
- Ability to analyze operational data requirements and to create and develop databases
- Design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data
- Resolve data input problems; create data capture applications and inputspecifications and to design solutions and modifications to these;
- Develop integral systems capable of verifying data input and correction of errors
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or other related field
- 2 years’ experience in database management, SQL, MS Access, Python etc.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of Health and/or HIV/AIDS programs,including planning, design, and implementation of M&E systems is an added advantage.
4. Job/Position: Help Desk Officer
The Help Desk Officer (HDO) is responsible to the Training, Mentoring and Support Advisor (TMS) for serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, chat or email or through tickets raised on the Help Desk System (HDS). The HDO is required to perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions. The HDO is to be
considered as the E4H’s front liner and is expected to solve basic technical problems and provide support for all Provinces, Districts and Health Facilities providing, Implementing Partners and Ministry of Health Help Desk Officers that may be located at Health facilities, Hospitals, District Offices, and Provincial Health Offices and at National level.
The HDO is required to investigate, test and ascertain cause of a reported issues to be able to find and allocate the identified issues to the correct service provider. All reported issues must be recorded on the Help Desk System and/or escalated in line with the escalation procedures provided. Regularly the HDO should observe patterns of problems and summarize them as frequently asked questions or trouble shooting techniques for use by customers.
The HPO is intended to be a flexible, dynamic and accommodating position in order to ensure the prevention of disruption of services at health facilities, encourage early reporting and solving of issues and ensure that service providers be they technicians, suppliers, developers, network specialists or supervisors/management are responsive to issues at hand in line with agreed service level standards or agreements.
Specifically, s/he will be responsible for:
- Support the TMS in developing and updating the overall work plan, and quarterly and annual support plans.
- Support supply side capacity assessment of support services being provided by service providers
- Identify, and allocate tickets, issues or requests to relevant service providers, decision makers and E4H/MSI management.
- Support the TMS in monitoring ongoing support against service level agreements, and assist the TMS in troubleshooting to prevent and resolve potential problems in Health facilities using DHIS2.
- Report on support progress monthly.
- Promote government leadership of, and ownership of, the support work.
- Install, configure repair laptops, desk top computers and printers
- Install and configure windows operating systems – currently supported versions
- Trouble shoot relational database management systems including SQL Server in use
- Trouble shoot ethernet based local area networks, switches and hubs
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Perform other functions as directed by the TMS
- A minimum of a Diploma in information systems and network management.
- At least 4 years’ experience working with hardware, systems software and databases.
- Experience with office systems, Linux and windows operating systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
5. Job/Position: Finance and Administration Officer
The Finance & Administration Officer will be responsible for all financial and related administrative matters of HISP ZM, and will report to, and work closely with, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). In addition, the Finance & Administration Officer will partner with the CEO, and Board, to develop and strengthen strategies relating to finance across the organisation. The Finance & Administration Officer shall at all times act in accordance with HISP ZMs articles of association and policies.
The responsibilities of the Finance & Administration Officer will include:
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of financial management and control.
- Effective financial reporting for HISP ZM, in a timely, accurate, relevant and informative manner.
- General administration duties and other duties alike as assigned by management.
- Maintaining accounts general ledgers.
- Processing monthly payroll.
- Management of cash flow and preparation of monthly cash flow projections.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts for the Board, to include Balance Sheet and analysis of variances.
- Preparation of annual accounts to trial balance stage.
- Keep financial records and perform financial procedures (e.g, receipts, payments requests, petty cash).
- Assist the organisation and management of internal and external audits.
- Ensure expenses are authorised and processed in accordance with agreed procedures for both HISP ZM and donors.
- Maintain the accounting reporting process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of ledgers and all supporting documentation and compliance with finance and procurement regulations.
- Preparation of annual budgets for submission to management and the board.
- Management of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Preparation of grant / funding applications
- Maintaining Fixed Asset register.
- Liaising with banks for all finance matters.
- Administration of the organisation’s insurance policy.
- Companies Registration, Revenue and other statutory compliances.
- General office administration
- Development and implementation of relevant financial policies and procedures, in consultation with the management and the board.
- Develop and maintain effective office systems (e.g., IT support, office maintenance, fixed assets, supplier contact), ensuring these are consistent with HISP ZM operating requirements.
- Support the efficient running of HISP ZM office daily operations.
- Ensure all procurement processes are in compliance with HISP ZM and donor regulations.
- Support logistics for HISP ZM programme activities.
- Representing HISP ZM in a positive and professional manner, which promotes the vision, mission and strategic priorities of the organisation.
- Ensuring confidentiality and professional integrity is upheld at all times.
- Being flexible, adaptable and available to take on other tasks or duties as requested by the management
- Be a qualified/part qualified accountant (Part 2 CIMA/ACCA, ZICA licentiate, Diploma), with at least 3 years’ experience in finance, and/or HR, and office administration, ideally for an international NGO.
- Preferably have experience within the non-profit/NGO sector. Experience with USAID, CDC, DOD funded projects will be an added advantage
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have excellent organisational and IT skills.
- Have high levels of professionalism, initiative, energy, creativity and flexibility.
- Have Quick Books, PASTEL, SUN system, NAV experience or with any other accounting system.
6. Job/Position: Business Development and Marketing Officer
Position Summary: HISP is a rapidly growing company looking for a motivated business development officer to develop and implement growth strategies for the achievement of revenue goals. Candidates should have the right blend of analytical talent and business know-how. A successful applicant should be a team player who understands how to identify a new market opportunity, and knows what it takes to lead a team forward and realize that opportunity. We’re especially looking for someone with great communication skills, as you’ll be expected to interact with shareholders, executives and clients frequently.
- Analyze current and past data, health information need reports, solutions that can be provided.
- Provide strategies to cut costs and increase revenue.
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with executives to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
- Create and improve proposals for our existing and new clients.
- Prepare in the preparation of company budget and continually track expenses, as well as make sure we’re on track to hit revenue targets.
- Provide training and mentoring to members of the business development team.
- Develop and deliver pitches for potential investors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- Proven experience working as a Business Development Officer or similar role.
- Must have 5 + years proven experience working as business development or marketing officer.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
7. Job/Position: Project Manager
Position Summary: The project manager will be responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, executive, control and completion of project, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization.
- Plan key components for project implementation.
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Define tasks and required resources.
- Collect and manage project team.
- Manage budget.
- Allocate project resources.
- Create schedule and project timeline.
- Track deliverables.
- Support and direct team.
- Lead quality assurance.
- Monitor and report on project progress.
- Present to stakeholders reports on progress as well as problems and solutions.
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs.
- Project management qualification (PMP) or equivalent.
- 5 + years experience practical project management knowledge.
- Knowledge of technical tools for project delivery.
- Experience as a project manager.
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management.
- Proficiency in project management software tools.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]