The Nurse Manager, Princes Zahra Pavilion and Private Wing will be responsible for delivery of quality care that promotes safety and well-being of all patients within the assigned unit. S/He will Plan, coordinate, manage and evaluate all patient care activities including quality, resources, regulatory and accreditation compliance, staff development and finance.
- Lead the team in formulation, implementation and evaluation of annual goals and objectives in accordance with departmental and Hospital strategic objectives;
- Ensure that the assigned units meet regulatory and accreditation requirements;
- Continuously initiate innovative and evidence based strategies to improve quality of patient care
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, orientation and on- going training of the Nursing team;
- Ensure that staff acquire and maintain the relevant skills, knowledge and competencies appropriate for the unit;
- Undertake performance reviews of staff and develop action plans to ensure individual staff growth;
- Design proactive and innovative ways to enhance customer satisfaction;
- Monitor staff and client satisfaction with services in assigned unit and take appropriate action to close gaps.
Applicants must be Registered Nurses (KRN/M; KRCHN) with current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya. The successful candidate(s) should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BScN). S/he should have certification in BLS and a minimum of five (5) years continuous clinical experience in Med-Surg Units in an acute care Hospital. The ideal candidate should demonstrate leadership and management skills and display professionalism in all areas of work.
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to the Manager, Recruitment, Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi. P. O. Box 30270-00100, NAIROBI or by email to [email protected]. Applications by email are preferred. Please indicate the title of the position on your application.
Applications should be submitted latest by April 19, 2020