GRADE KPC 7
Job Ref No. KPC/ADVT/03/2020
- Carry out nursing activities including attending to patients in the observation room, escorting patients in the ambulance etc.
- Assist the Clinical Officer in carrying out the duties at the clinic.
- Monitor the health and progress of patients in response to drug therapy to ensure the safe and effective use of medication.
- Administer treatment in the Clinic as per instructions e.g. injections.
- Provide counseling on, family planning, HIV management and Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) services.
- Offer maternal child health care services.
- Participate in the prevention and treatment of endemic diseases
- Examine and refer complicated cases to Clinical Officers and approve referrals to hospitals for specializes medical management.
- Provide emotional and psychological support and information to patients and their families
- Provide first aid, assist in routine medical examinations, give advice on health matters and maintain sickness and accident records
- Provide guidance to patients and families about treatment and care.
- Diploma in Registered Community Health Nursing
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience.
- Valid practicing license with Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Demonstrated competence in work performance.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of safety standards and regulations pertaining to the care of patients.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information obtained in the course of work.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in nursing through continuing professional education programmes.
Closing Date : 21 April, 2020