Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following position:
Nutrition Assistants – Eastern & Luapula Program Areas
This position exists to support the Target Supplementary Feeding Programme implementation on moderately malnourished children under five treated and cured/discharged and moderately malnourished pregnant and lactating women treated and cured/discharged. And conduct monitoring of nutrition project activities at health facilities in the assigned district level including supervision of Community Growth Monitors as per the agreed project documents.
- Monitor nutrition project activities in health facilities where Plan International Zambia operational including supervision of Community Growth Monitors as per the agreed project documents and work plan.
- Assess effectiveness of Target Supplementary Feeding Programme by SPHERE standard like cured rate, defaulter rate, death rate and non- responder rate
- Ensure that all required information from Management of Acute Malnutrition under five children is recorded properly and documented
- Maintain/collect relevant data and support Nutrition Officer and Coordinator to produce monthly, quarterly, and final reports according to internal, external & donor schedules
- Diploma with at least one year experience in nutrition program (TSFP) implementation – case definition and care, Target Supplementary Feeding Programme management, data collection and compilation, working with counterpart for lasting intervention, training of health volunteers, etc
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and local dialect
- High commitment to work with pastoral communities in remote and challenging environments
- Work experience in Health Service Extension Program is an asset and interest in and ability to train volunteers
All applications close Tuesday 14th April, 2020. Please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.